cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping PM SIM for another SIM while abroad

martina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Everyone,

I'm in Australia and plan to swap my PM SIM card for an Optus SIM card while I'm here so that I can make calls back home. When I went to activate the new SIM, it gave me the option of using my current PM number... if I do so, will I lose my PM number when I go back to using my PM SIM?   

4 REPLIES 4

dr-et
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

martina

how long are you staying in australia more than 3 months

you will lose cdn number

get australian number, cant use cdn number with carriers from other countries

enjoy your trip

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

As @Samianauman mentioned it's doubtful that a non Canadian service provider can take on a Canadian number in a port.  It's best not to mess with the Public Mobile number just to be safe.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@martina, I would just use a new number.  I would be more worried about losing a PROMO plan if that is what you have then my number.  I am not sure if it is a port out or what they do is there anyone around that can give you more information on it like where you bought the sim?  DOes it port out your number (if yes this would close your PM account)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
You won't be able to port Canada number while you in Australia. But also since you only their for temperory get a new number. Because moving old number means you closing your old account.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.