cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspend my services

vishalpatel27
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to deactivate my account for 4 months because I will not be using any service from 27-November-2022 onwards 

2 REPLIES 2

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@vishalpatel27   Log into your account and disable autopay and the account will suspend for 90 days after receiving no payment and needs to be reactivated (paid) before the 90th day (85/86th) otherwise it will deactivate and number lost too.

If you carry an account balance that will reactivate the account even though autopay (pre-authorized payments) is toggled off, then you need to put account into Lost/Stolen Mode (Quick Links/Profile) and account will suspend for 90 days but needs to Resume Service (take Lost/Stolen off) and payment made before 90th day to stop it from becoming deactivated.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@vishalpatel27 

PM only allows the account to be suspended for 90 days or your account will be permanently closed

So, your option is to temporary suspend the account and reactivate for 30 days before the 90 days deadline

Here is what you can do (assuming your Available fund = $0)

1.  First, change plan to $15 plan (to reduce the cost to keep you number)
  2.  Then disable Pre-Authorized payment from Payment page
  3.  On the next renewal date, since Pre-authorized payment is disabled, it won't be renewed.   
          Make note of that day 1 of the suspension date
  4.  VERY IMPORTANT.   Come back at around 85th days after the first date of the suspension to make a manual payment to renew the account for 30 days.  You have changed to $15 plan, so, it will just cost you $15 for that 30 days.  After you make the payment, make sure you see clearly that the account status is changed to ACTIVE.  If not, you will either have to open ticket with PM support or come and seek help here
  5.  Make note of that date, again, the account will be active for 30 days only and will be suspended again after the 30 days.  Make note of  the date it got suspended again
  6.  As autopay is disabled, it won't renew after that 30 days.
        I hope you will be back by then. You just need to change the plan back to the one you want and then reactivate
       If you still not back to Canada by the end of that 90 days, then come back NO LATER than 85 th date and repeat from step 4 again
Need Help? Let's chat.