cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspend Service

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does it work? Suspend and then "un"Suspend? 

Does it report your phone as stolen....or do you do that somewhere else?

If works ok....is nice feature if you misplace phone for a day or so. 

Thanks!!!

7 REPLIES 7

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Does it work? Suspend and then "un"Suspend? 

Does it report your phone as stolen....or do you do that somewhere else?

If works ok....is nice feature if you misplace phone for a day or so. 

Thanks!!!

What the lost/stolen phone does, is deactivates your SIM card.  It does not extend your plan duration.  So if you suspend your service for 7 days your renewal date doesn't get moved to the right by 7 days as well so it doesn't affect.  It does start a new count on the number of days that your line is suspended, if it is suspended for 90 days your account would be closed and you would lose your number and any rewards associated with your account.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@iPhoneUser wrote:

I found suspend option no problem. Is there a different way/method to report a phone as lost?

From what everyone is saying here.....is it would be no big deal to suspend a phone for 7 days. Say if I couriered my phone to my brother. 

There are only some issues with reward if you cross over to the next billing cycle period while suspended. If it's within those 30 days that probably won't even be the problem. So go ahead

You could also contact moderators but to a probably ask you to do it yourself and you don't want them to blacklist it, which may happen if the ticket passes hands (if you start with one moderator but their time is up and their colleague takes over) so I would advise against going through them.

But definitely suspend if you are mailing as the mail does get lost and you may give access to your service to a stranger

I just thought of something else, today somebody reported their sim jacked. They received the sms that there was a request to port and they ignored it.

If you ever receive such message, first thing is to go into account and suspend it as it is impossible to port a suspended account. Then contact moderators and tell them that something fishy is going on. Once the port positively fails you can start your service.

Sometimes people do mistype the number and you will get the same message, but they will also notice that they did a booboo so they will initialise another port so that the accidental port will probably abort. But in this case it took over 10 days, which means they had the port hanging for very long time and for some reason it went through. Never ignore such message

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I found suspend option no problem. Is there a different way/method to report a phone as lost?

From what everyone is saying here.....is it would be no big deal to suspend a phone for 7 days. Say if I couriered my phone to my brother. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

One more thing

If you do have account balance and if you would like to pause your service you can't just remove the autopay as your renewal will withdraw from your balance anyways, the only way to pause it is by reporting it lost.

@iPhoneUser 

If you haven't been following the ongoing saga of my bf losing and finding a multitude of phones it does just suspend your service. It also no longer affects rewards being applied if the suspension is less than 30 days during a cycle. Very convenient to have access to this feature rather than having to call your provider. The feature can also be used to reprovision your account for certain issues like autopay failures, calls going straight to voicemail and a payment not taken from the balance.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

It just pauses your service. 

It gives you time to find it.

If you are sure it was stolen and you want to blacklist the phone you have to contact moderators with the info and they can do it. 

But if you are still looking or waiting no changes can be done to your account while it's suspended, including payments so done people use it when they travel abroad.

Note that if you are suspended for 90 days the account will shut down and everything will be gone, including any balance rewards and the number

Need Help? Let's chat.