cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Rosguru
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am suggesting that Public Mobile has a "view" option so that we can check what we type into the password section in order to make sure we put the correct values in.

Also, I think that the number of tries before the account is locked should be more than 2 as it is frustrating if by chance you put in the incorrect password twice then the account locks for an hour.

11 REPLIES 11

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

Pm removed the 1 hour lock out and message from the activation portal. It remains for your self serve log in as far as I know.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

HI @darlicious 

I always thought they took away the message about 1 hour lock.   Thanks for confirming

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@popping 

That's where it's a little tricky....you will get the red warning of your login or password failure. But that warning stays even if your next login attempt is correct. I have learned to watch the refresh line. The longer it takes the better the result!

But yes after the 4th fail the read warning message changes to tell you it's your last try and you will be locked out for one hour.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

@popping 

I have been given the warning that the this is your last (5th) password attempt and I will be locked out for one hour if I fail to enter it correctly.

Is the warning just for the last retry or every failure?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@popping 

I have been given the warning that the this is your last (5th) password attempt and I will be locked out for one hour if I fail to enter it correctly.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rosguru 

I agree.

@J_PM 

Self-serve login should allow subscribers to check the password before hitting the Log In button.

It will be nice to warn subscriber on how many failed login left before the account is locked for an hour.  Subscriber will know the reason why her/his account was locked and reduce the number of support threads on our community.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Great suggestion!

- To be able to view password

- More than 2 attempts to enter correct password

But then password manager will eliminate all incorrect password issues... Love it!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rosguru 

I wholeheartedly agree but I have always gotten 5 attempts at putting the password in before lock out. Has this changed recently?

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rosguru   That is a great suggestion!!  That will be really helpful.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Rosguru  - YES, I agree with you. Where is that little 'eye' icon that you can see whether you have entered the password correctly. I would be all for this!

And, is it really more than twice, yuck. I thought 3 was standard for most password attempts 'strike 3 your out kinda thing'.

I have seen the option where I could view the password in that field, but I forgot what browser or device I was using.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Rosguru   totally agree.  

Now, when I login My Account, I sometimes have to use  Notepad and type there first, then copy and past over just to make sure I have the correct one

Need Help? Let's chat.