cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for enhancements fo Usage History form

TP626
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As things stand now, the ability to check the detailed usage of your plan is very primitive. It is better than nothing but it could be made so much more useful. I have a few "simple" suggestions for enhancement:

(1) Add another time period to the "7 day" / "30 day" drop down so that you can get the usage since your last payment (i.e. the start of the 30-day plan payment period.) Without this option, one has to check the billing history to find the most recent payment and then use the custom date range in the Usage History to find the items since that payment. The user shouldn't have to do this extra work.

(2) Add some very simple filtering options. For example, since the popular $15 plan only includes 100 minutes of outgoing calls, many people are likely more concerned with "Outgoing Call" usage entries. Another filtering option might be "only include entries which count against my plan limits" (e.g. only data usage and outgoing calls for the $15 plan and only data usage for the $25 unlimited talk plan.)

(3) Add a column in the usage details table to indicate which entries count against the limits of the user's plan (sort of an alternative to the second example of entry filtering in suggestion (2) above.

(4) Add an option to download all of the entries (rather than just viewing 15 entries at a time) in some format - Comma-separated values, tab-separated values, XLS/XLSX format. This would allow for for more advance filtering on the user's computer (e.g. using Excel or the like.)

9 REPLIES 9

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

All good suggestions @TP626 .

And, one can only hope someone in PM is seeing (or working on) obvious 'not-so-user-friendly' interfaces and tools that are currently offered and being used. 🤞

Early on in my time with PM, I also would have loved to have this option below.

And would still like to see it happen one day.

(4) Add an option to download all of the entries (rather than just viewing 15 entries at a time) in some format - Comma-separated values, tab-separated values, XLS/XLSX format. This would allow for for more advance filtering on the user's computer (e.g. using Excel or the like.)

Hi @ZuckMark Low cost and Pay as you go, true, but doesn't mean we cannot ask for more and suggest changes.  😉 

I actually like what @TP626 suggested.  I think Oracles confirmed that PM is reviewing My Account and could come up with updates.   Let them know what we need and hope they will listen 

ZuckMark
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is just a low cost Prepaid, Pay as you go

edoted bu computergeek541: inapppropriate comment revmoed as per terms of service

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@TP626 

Your suggestions make me think about how I think computers should work. I think something logically simple (in my mind) that a computer should be able to do for me exists but in reality there is no such thing.  Its the same here....but @LurganIeUk  has an excel program that he will share with you if you private message him that will kind of help in that request.

The rest is wishful thinking but those wishes statistically have a better chance of coming true when added to @maximum_gato 's The Community's Public Mobile Wishlist. There's no rhyme or reason to the success rate of wishes added but its track record speaks for itself....lol....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/The-Community-s-Public-Mobile-Wishlist/m-...

TP626

Another "enhancement" would be for them to either add AM / PM to the timestamp or use a 24-hour clock for the entries so the time shown isn't just plain ambiguous!

@TP626   No worry, they won't ...

They are not into fixing issues here.  They rarely spend time fixing stuff

there has a a "nice to have" list somewhere, @darlicious, you have it somewhere?

TP626

Yeah. I suppose that I should be asking for them to fix what they already "provide" before adding enhancements. I don't want them to be another Microsoft® and prioritize adding things before fixing broken things!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

... add to your list, they need to FIX the SORTING feature.  Right now, it looks sorted, but it is not.  

Need Help? Let's chat.