cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly SIM card doesn't work (Not on Registered Network)

Daiheadjai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I've had my Samsung S10e on Public Mobile for well over a year.

Last night, my phone suddenly dropped off the network (it was working right up until that moment, as I was in a text conversation).

Didn't think anything of it until I tried to make a call today.

The problem isn't my phone, as I managed to connect to the network using my wife's SIM card (while hers could not connect using my SIM card - we are both on Public Mobile).

The SIM card doesn't look dislodged or damaged - wondering what the issue could be, and if I can get a replacement?

9 REPLIES 9

Daiheadjai

Possible! 

Mine had a shipping address to a duplex in Montreal, on Boulevard Sainte-Gertrude.

Saved the address and reported to the RCMP fraud website. 

Also reached out to PayPal to dispute the transactions (they refunded) and emailed the eBay seller and website the fraudster tried to buy from to advise them not to ship. 

Mrbox

YUP! This just happened to me last night. 

Any chance was there ordered made on your PayPal and does it show their address in your order. I am curious if it is the same person. My person was based out of Quebec. Made a purchase on eBay using my PayPal and tried to authorize about $900 on my PayPal. 

@Daiheadjai wrote:

I may have been SIM jacked, as my Paypal had been hacked this morning.

My SIM card number on Public Mobile doesn't match my SIM card number

**bleep**!! Immediately change your account password and use Lost/Stolen Phone link to suspend service. 

1. Then check all your bank accounts and credit cards for fraudulent activity.

2. Consider getting Authy, or similar app, to use for secondary protection. PayPal accepts it.

3. To recover service, and prefer your current SIM reactivated contact the moderators. Or if you have spare SIM, just use the Change SIM function in your account.

Good luck. Move quickly to mimimize damage.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Daiheadjai

Thank you very much! Looks like this is what happened...

Curious how this occurs

softech
Oracle
Oracle

oh.. you got simjacked.. you should change all the password immediately.. make sure your PM-PayPal-email all all different password

if you need to order a new SIM and thinking to order online via PM for a new SIM.. it might come late.. if you have Amazon Prime, consider order from there and it will arrive within 2 days.

Daiheadjai

I may have been SIM jacked, as my Paypal had been hacked this morning.

My SIM card number on Public Mobile doesn't match my SIM card number

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Daiheadjai 

Please log into your account and check the last 4 digits of your sim card to the ones listed under " change sim card". If they do not match immediately change your password and suspend your service via the lost/stolen tab in the plans or usage pages. You have been simjacked.

Then....check on all of your financial accounts that have your phone number and email associated with them. Change those passwords, secure those accounts and contact your banks fraud department. Once you have done this you can contact the moderators to restore your sim card to your account.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Daiheadjai  Can you call 611? If not login to your account and confirm last 4 digits of the SIM card in your phone match that showing there.

Let us know. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Daiheadjai 

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

It will show you last 4 digits of the sim card. Now take the sim out of your phone do they match?

If they don't you have Been a victim of simjacking.

Click plans and add-ons then lost/stolen mark it as stolen to block whoever has access to your account sim.

Then immediately start changing all your passwords and check your financials for fraud.

Then open a ticket for moderators to investigate.

Screenshot_20210104_110512.jpg

Or private message them at link below 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Let us know!

Need Help? Let's chat.