cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful Ports Thread

outdoorsaddix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As per a suggestion from another user in another thread who thought we needed some positive experiences posted, I am going to try and get this going as I have two very recent successful ports. 

So with all the negative experiences getting posted because of the presumably huge number of new activations due to the $40 promo, lets try and get some positive experiences posted. I figure we can use the following format:

Date of Port

Time of Day

City/Province

Old Provider

Time for Port to Complete 

I have two so I will start us off!

Port #1 (My wife's cell)

Date: Wendesday November 2nd

Time: 11PM

City/Province: Oshawa, Ontario

Old Provider: Fido

Time to Complete: 5 minutes

Port #2 (My cell)

Date: Thusday November 3rd
Time: 6PM
City/Province: Oshawa, Ontario
Old Provider: Telus (corporate plan)
Time to Complete: Less than a minute, pretty much instantaneous 

108 REPLIES 108

anya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Date of Port - 25th June 2018
Time of Day - Evening
City/Province - ONT
Old Provider - Rogers 
Time for Port to Complete - 3 hrs approx. (most likely less, this is the time between my communication with the

moderator and getting the text confirming the port had been successful)

I had contacted the moderator in advance of this because I was porting my number from a company account and didn’t have the account number at first, just a reference number giving me authorization to take the number. I finally did get the account number and so I replied to the moderator to asking them to take care of the port for me (even though now that I had the account number, I could have used the online “change my number” section in my account). Once I authenticated my pm account and PIN through a link the moderator sent me I didn’t hear back for a few hours and got nervous (my line was set to cancel with the previous provider the next day). I got a text about 3 hours after that and everything worked fine. 

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Date: March 4, 2018 (Sunday)

Time: 15:22

City/Province: Calgary, Alberta

Old Provider: Freedom Mobile

Time to Complete: 29 minutes

I requested a number port at the time I activated a new PM SIM card (got SMS from my credit card showing the charge at 14:53 MST).  29 minutes later, at 15:22 MST, I received the "transfer request completed successfully" welcome SMS.  I was impressed, given that this is a Sunday afternoon (not sure if porting is a manual process, or fully automatic).

Glad to be back with Public Mobile after a short (3-mo) hiatus.  I was enticed by a Friends-and-Family promo to go to Freedom, but the service is sub-par (always seeing "No Service" or "Away" when it should be "Home"), and never had a problem with Telus/Koodo/PM.  I've learned my lesson! Smiley LOL

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Date: Thursday, March 1st 2018
Time: 3PM
City/Province: St Catharines, Ontario
Old Provider: Fido
Time to Complete: 30 minutes
Issues Encountered: 0

Jonavin
How did I miss this thread. All these are for Toronto 416 numbers.

My first port was July 2016. It took about 36 hours. Had to contact an admin after 24 hours. This one was a direct port from Rogets with no temp number.

My last two ports was on Good Friday 2017. Both lines from WIND. The one with a tab on it was done in about 15 minutes; ported to previous temp number. The second one, was a straight port and new activation and took about 2 hours. This is a big improvement and it's within the amount of time I've experienced porting to other carriers.

mike-tile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Phone number change successful! Thanks so much!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Always a pleasure @Rockdaddy22, and I'm glad to see you online today, welcome back 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Thanks for helping out Mary 🙂

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @mike-tile,

thank you for reaching out to us!

I have received your private message and I'm really glad to say that your account has been properly set up - we'll only need your old service provider info to port your number over. Can you please view my reply?

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
Glad to hear you love PM 🙂 I'd give Koodo a call and get the account info.

mike-tile

It doesn't work for me.. I can't get just data on Koodo, it's coming with minutes that I don't need to buy as I have great plan. Their service signal isn't working good as well

I just love PM 🙂 need it back asap

I called Koodo, no problem solved..

Rockdaddy22
I would phone Koodo and get it. Do you mind me asking why you're not happy with Koodo?

mike-tile

Please help me to transfer my old phone number to a new PM SIM
I've been using PM services for long time and then I got Koodo offer.. I shouldn't take it, now I want back my PM account (just got a new SIM and did registered a new account)
How can I transfer my old phone number???

I'm trying to log into Koodo self-serve to get my account #, but keep getting that:
You're still waiting to be approved
Looks like this account has already been linked to another email address. You're still waiting for permission from the owner of that email address. We'll email you once you're approved.

I need my Koodo account # to transfer my phone# to PM

What should I do to find it?

Please and thank you!!!

Mike TILE

mike-tile

Hello
Please help me to transfer my old phone number to a new PM SIM
I've been using PM services for long time and then I got Koodo offer.. I shouldn't take it, now I want back my PM account (just got a new SIM and did registered a new account)
How can I transfer my old phone number???

I'm trying to log into Koodo self-serve to get my account #, but keep getting that:
You're still waiting to be approved
Looks like this account has already been linked to another email address. You're still waiting for permission from the owner of that email address. We'll email you once you're approved.

I need my Koodo account # to transfer my phone# to PM

What should I do to find it?

Please and thank you!!!

Mike TILE

EastCoast
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Date of Port: Jan 3/17

Time of Day: 12PM/EST

City/Province: Newfoundland

Old Provider: Bell

Time for Port to Complete: ~30 minutes

copycat

Date of Port: Jan 1/17

Time of Day: 3pm ish

City/Province: Alberta

Old Provider: Koodo

Time for Port to Complete: 3 mins

yyzguy

Ported from Telus, using different email address and Telus account number for identification.

Date of port - December 9

Time of day - noon

City - Toronto

Old provider - Telus

Time for port to complete - 2 minutes

No issues at all.

pennyarcade

I had no problems on Nov 17 coming in from Zoomerwireless (Rogers). It took about 5 minutes.

What I did have a problem with is their autopay and manual payment. Checked after a day and still found that they didn't take money out of the account, so I manually paid (need my phone to work). Then they took out money from my credit card again. I got a support ticket and they never replied. PM'ed a mod to see what they can do.

bastage

Date: 2016/12/11

Time: ~7PM

City/Province: Ottawa, On

Old Provider: Bell Mobility

Time to Complete: ~60 minutes

Issues Encountered: 0

Nate_F
I feel this needs a bump with all the "scam" and "class action" language being thrown around as of late. I know it must be horrible for those stuck without service but, you knew what you were getting into when signing up. If you didn't do your research first then you are just as at fault.

Date of Port - Nov 12
Time of Day - Evening
City/Province - BC
Old Provider - Wind
Time for Port to Complete - 15mins

Date of Port - Nov 18
Time of Day - Evening
City/Province - BC
Old Provider - Rogers
Time for Port to Complete - 20mins

Two of my friends also ported from Rogers without issue in around 30m-2h during the Nov 20-24th period.

Couldn't be happier with my choice to switch.

beachhead

Successfull port !! with all the threads about ports going wrong i was kind of surprised it worked. 

Date: 2016/11/27

Time: 9PM

City/Province: Ottawa, ON

Old Provider: Rogers

Time to Complete: got text message saying porting was successfull about 30-40 minutes after completing the form.

Tip: Check the "I am authorized to transfer this phone number" check box before completing the form. I received an error when I checked the box after. The only thing I filled out was my old account number (double checked to make sure it was correct), alternate phone number (put my home number), Notes (said i was porting from rogers) and my name exactly as on my rogers bill. No issues and port complete. 

Hope everything goes well for everybody else.

vinsanitee

Date: Friday November 18th

Time: 12:15AM

City/Province: Burnaby, BC

Old Provider: Rogers

Time to Complete: 30 min

Helpful hint is to do the port process before you go to bed.

For me I have dual sim phone so I did not lose connectivity.

fanfan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Port #1 My Coworker's Koodo Postpaid

Date: 2016/11/19
Time: 8:15 pm
City/Province: Vancouver BC
Old Provider: Koodo Postpaid
Time to Complete: 10-15 minutes

Everthing has has been working great and my coworker is extremely happy with the plan and service reception. 

Kylam1015
I have, but no real attention from mods, I thought the mods were working off PM/requests in the order they're received. But you can see this isn't the case and that's just bothering me...

Rockdaddy22
They don't have to be angry, but creating your own thread might help.

Kylam1015
@Civic_E wow so angry topics are the way to go? I have the same porting problem with Rogers cancelling my account but number not ported since Nov 19th. You did it 3 days after and got support faster than me and from the looks of it a lot of others. I thought the mods were working on a first come first serve basis... I guess not.

Civic_E

Ok more precisely, after 1000 year X amount would equal to $0.002 at which point my bill will be $40 per 30 days to eventually make up for it 🙂

Civic_E

@daredogg@ Yes it wasn't ideal. I am sure it isn't for a lot of customer who switched to PM and still having to pay old provider due to porting issue. I am not sure if it will ever make up for the loss for a month, unless PM gives a free month of service! Because a customer without issues will be paying $40 (assume without any rewards) and I will be paying $40 + X amount. So after 24 years(X=$29/24/12=0.09) i will still be paying $0.09 extra. I had a $29 plan with WIND

ERICJIANG
Ported 2 phones from bell

Phone1
Date: nov 9
Time: 8pm
Old provider: Bell

Phone2
Date: nov 9
Time: midnight
Old Provider: Bell

Both ported successfully. Almost done instantly. Was happy to join PM.

Titanmowgli

Port #1 My Cell

Date: 2016/11/19

Time: 6PM

City/Province: Central AB

Old Provider: Virgin

Time to Complete: 10-15 minutes

Port #2 Wife's Cell

Date: 2016/11/22
Time: 7PM
City/Province: Central AB
Old Provider: Virgin
Time to Complete: 2016/11/25

It was a bit frustrating for my wife to be without service for a few days, but thank you so much @Shazia_K and the tech team for helping her finish the porting process!

@Civic_E alright, glad it worked out!! I know your experience wasn't ideal, but I hope saving money on getting good service will make up for it (eventually).

Need Help? Let's chat.