cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription

Kam7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Subscription should be 3 months not 90 days. I lost 2 days that way and 5 days in 1 year. I changed my subscription for 90 days $34.00 each month for 90 days but on sep.20 they charge me $39.00 for 1 month why. Chartwell do monthly. Public mobile should do monthly too. Right?

5 REPLIES 5

KababMan

Lucky, Chatr, and Freedom all use actual months. Even Public's parent company Telus clearly labels it as "/30 days" rather than "/month".

@KababMan  "It is very sneaky that they do "per 30 days" when the advertising clearly says "/month". To be honest when I signed up, I assumed per month means per month, as it does with any other carrier"

Not every other carrier, I think 30 days is actually quite normal.   For example for Rogers prepaid if you read the small print:  "Valid for one-month (30 days) or 6-months (180 days). If your account does not have sufficient funds to pay the plan fee for the following period at the end of any given period, a 70¢/min rate will apply"

KababMan

It is very sneaky that they do "per 30 days" when the advertising clearly says "/month". To be honest when I signed up, I assumed per month means per month, as it does with any other carrier. It means their plans are about 2% more expensive than the equivalent from any other provider that advertises the same rate.

On the other hand the 90 days subscriptions do seem to be advertised as per 90 days.

Screenshot_20230922_065210_Chrome.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kam7 

PM has been using 30 days or 90 days cycle for the longest time

@Kam7 wrote:

I changed my subscription for 90 days $34.00 each month for 90 days but on sep.20 they charge me $39.00 for 1 month why. 

You sure you chose the 90 days option correctly like below? 

(this is a screenshot for another 90 days plan, but check there is the option 30 or 90 days to choose)

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/plan/change-planhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/plan/change-plan

@Kam7 wrote:

Subscription should be 3 months not 90 days. I lost 2 days that way and 5 days in 1 year. I changed my subscription for 90 days $34.00 each month for 90 days but on sep.20 they charge me $39.00 for 1 month why. Chartwell do monthly. Public mobile should do monthly too. Right?

There isn't any such thing as a "month" at Public Mobile. All of the currently offered plans are either 30 days or 90 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.