cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription with number portability but Public Mobile SIM says "no service"

Jessi0
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone, I'm new here.

Yesterday my husband subscribed, chose his plan, created the account in the APP, paid, did the steps to port the old Koodo number, completed the questions, received the SMS from Koodo to authorize, answered "Yes", but he didn't I received an email from them. On his Public Mobile account it says his already old phone number , his SIM number, his email, everything is fine on the account but when he puts the Public Mobile SIM in his phone it says "no service". What should he do? Should he do the "Transfer number" step through the APP, but the number already appears in his associated account, what should he do? 

7 REPLIES 7

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

@Jessi0 wrote:

Hi @Meow 

Thanks for your message. Yes, everything was done using the APP. We turn the cell phone off and on with and without SIM, and nothing works. Everything was done according to the steps. We'll put in a ticket tonight and I hope they help us.

I didn't know if I should click on "Transfer number" again through the APP since we thought something was not done correctly, but we received the SMS from Koodo so it was done. It's very strange.

Thanks!!

Please don't click on it again. It may cause more issues. Once the CS Agents respond to you, they will fix the issue. 

Trying to port the same number in again won't cause issues, but it would be a waste a time.  An error message would be shown.

@Jessi0 wrote:

Hi @Meow 

Thanks for your message. Yes, everything was done using the APP. We turn the cell phone off and on with and without SIM, and nothing works. Everything was done according to the steps. We'll put in a ticket tonight and I hope they help us.

I didn't know if I should click on "Transfer number" again through the APP since we thought something was not done correctly, but we received the SMS from Koodo so it was done. It's very strange.

Thanks!!

Please don't click on it again. It may cause more issues. Once the CS Agents respond to you, they will fix the issue. 

Jessi0

Hi @Meow 

Thanks!!

@Jessi0 wrote:

Hi @Chalupa_Batman ,

Thank you for your message. Yes, this morning we put in the Koodo SIM and it is working, I don't understand why, since the number already associated appears in the Public Mobile account. Then we did what you say, we turned off the cell phone, we turned it on again to do "wake up", after we put the Public Mobile SIM back in and nothing, this is "no service" 😞

We will put in a ticket as you suggest. Thanks!!!

Yes. By placing in a ticket they will resolve it. Let us know how it turns out.

Jessi0

Hi @Chalupa_Batman ,

Thank you for your message. Yes, this morning we put in the Koodo SIM and it is working, I don't understand why, since the number already associated appears in the Public Mobile account. Then we did what you say, we turned off the cell phone, we turned it on again to do "wake up", after we put the Public Mobile SIM back in and nothing, this is "no service" 😞

We will put in a ticket as you suggest. Thanks!!!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I believe he did everything by the book. I assume he completed signing up using app, correct?
Lets start with plain reboot: turn phone off, wait a bit, turn it on. Do that with and without PM SIM...
If PM site says account is active and everything looks OK then only Ticket to agent might be needed as they might have to do something...

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Jessi0 

If he places his old Koodo SIM card in the phone, does he still have service? If yes, then create a ticket with the info below.

Second option that may work is sometimes SIM cards need to be provisioned meaning try tossing his SIM card into your phone and reboot to give it a "wake up" sort of speak. If that works, then toss back into his phone and your good to go!

To submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html 

Type Customer Service and follow the prompts. If you are having any issues, here is a direct link by sending a private message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.