cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription COST

ToddandSophie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why is my subscription $40 per month when you are offering the same subscription for $24 per month?

Something has to change for loyal customers.  How are we going to make this happen?

Best regards Todd and Sophie.

5 REPLIES 5

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Part of the reason it seems is that you're on an outdated plan, better ones are available to switch to such as $39 for 50GB or $40 for 60GB.

Look out for promotions, they could possibly have a better offer for existing customers.

Worst case scenario if you really want the $24 plan would be to create a new account, which will have additional costs of porting out if you want to keep your number.

Cheetah24

I've noticed this from other services I've used too. For example my internet plan I was hanging on for like more than 7 years and ultimately realized one day that if I cancel and activate again I get a better deal for like 20 dollars less which was strange. So I switched. I think when you stay with a long time with public mobile you generate discounts like the loyalty or friend referrals etc and maybe as a service provider there's little incentive business wise to try to make things better for these kinda customers. I don't know, that's my guess. I had to change my internet plan due to this reason as well as my old cell phone plan. However I am hopeful public mobile will come up with something in the new year. 🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ToddandSophie 

Plans come and go, some are permanent offerings, some are temporary.

It's up to the individual user to watch the Announcements section, or check one's self-serve, for any offerings which may be going on.

When you find one you prefer, make a plan change for the NEXT RENEWAL and you'll get the offered plan.   Of course, this is only applicable if the plan offering displays under your self-serve plan change pages.

And as others have offered, keep an eye on the offerings for the next several days, there's bound to be some goodies in the works.

Right Public Mobile? 😉

dwh1

@ToddandSophie wrote:

Why is my subscription $40 per month when you are offering the same subscription for $24 per month?

Something has to change for loyal customers.  How are we going to make this happen?

We are all customers here, and so can't do anything other than speculate.  However, if you are playing $40 for around 4 or 5 GB of data, as your message implied, there are much better plans available.  I would suggest you look at switching to the current $39/50GB or $40/60GB plans as a first step. Yes, that's massively more data than you have and possibly more than you could realistically use, but getting more for the same price is still a good thing, if only to cover for unusual situations.

From there, keep your eyes out for promotions.  Many of us switched to a $34/40GB plan during the Black Friday week, for example.  Note that PM will not email you to tell you about promotional offers - you may want to get into the habit of checking the site every week or so.

As for whether it should be that way, unfortunately we all know this is how large companies are towards their customers.  Don't be "loyal" - instead, actively look for better plans here or at the competition.  These days, it's easier than ever to change carriers.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ToddandSophie 

that new $24 plan offering is only to there attract new accounts. Keep watching the Announcements for something for us existing customers. Hope to get some love for Boxing Day or New Years.

Need Help? Let's chat.