cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange voicemail

Mark2024
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi again... Previously mentioned I got a new phone and SIM after witnessing my old phone open Chrome on its own, and cycle through browser settings on its own.  I panicked and cleared out my old phone and did a factory reset.  Now on my new phone, I received a new voicemail from a caller I knew, but when I went to my inbox to retrieve it, it said I had a saved message as well.  After deleting the new message, I heard the "saved" message, but in reality I had never heard the saved message before, and certainly never "saved" it on my own.  Plus, it was a very strange message where I could hear someone say, "Ahh dammit," then there was a click, followed by dead air for about 2 seconds, then 3 distinct repeating tones, followed by a click, 2 more seconds, and the tones again.  This continued for several minutes.  I didn't listen to the end because it just kept going.  Does anyone know what this means? Is there any way to find out where that call came from, or how it was saved before I ever heard it? 

8 REPLIES 8

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mark2024 it's hard to say but probably unlikely. The important thing is that you have changed your passwords so going forward your account should be secured

Mark2024

Yes, I've switched all passwords I could think of.  Do you think they'd be able to download my phone contents, or is that impossible to say.  Id say I started deleting my phone contents within the minute of seeing the weird functioning.  Could this have also been a glitch caused by an app?  I was using the app Web Video Cast at the time.

Mark2024

The new phone is a Galaxy A15.  I actually enabled the caller ID and date function in my voicemail options and realized who the message was from.  Thank you for your help 

HI @Mark2024 

but what is the new phone?  I guess it is Android?  If Android, there is no Live Voicemail confusion. 

Maybe you need support agent to check and refresh the voicemail mailbox

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mark2024, I'm sure you have done this already but incase you did not, change your Google account password and make sure it's not just by adding a digit to the end of the old password. Try not to reuse passwords for different websites or accounts, and make sure you have 2FA enabled on your Google account and any other apps that support it.

Mark2024

Old phone was LG K61. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Mark2024 

iPhone or Android? 

if iPhone, maybe you need to disable Apple Live Voicemail?

Mark2024

Just to add to this... I went into voicemail settings and was able to setup caller ID before playing the message, and date of message, and figured out who it was. So no issue there. 

The strange behaviour of my previous phone is still bugging me, hoping nobody got access to my files or photos on my previous device.  Not sure if someone could shed light on that issue.  I was at home at the time on home WiFi.  

Need Help? Let's chat.