cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store activation - what are the MUST have (NOT changeable) info needed?

B_Muller
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since PM is a prepaid service, other than paying for the first month of service/plan, does one really need to provide any info other than selecting a phone number? Also are all the info provided changeable later in the "self serve" account management (e.g. name/address/email etc)? Or what's NOT changeable once provided?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

B_Muller

@will13am wrote:

@B_Muller, every piece of information is changeable after initial entry.  99% can be changed by the user in the self serve portal.  The only thing I am aware of that require the moderators to change is the official email address associated with the account.  The login is actually synced to the email but isn't really the official email.  

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

B_Muller

@MacMe wrote:

Yes, it looks like the date of birth is not required when activating.

Dunno why I couldn't reply to "Message" as there isn't any reply button/option?

Edit: OK, my ad blocker (uBlock Origin) is blocking the div frame, and as such couldn't see the reply & delete buttons!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@B_Muller, every piece of information is changeable after initial entry.  99% can be changed by the user in the self serve portal.  The only thing I am aware of that require the moderators to change is the official email address associated with the account.  The login is actually synced to the email but isn't really the official email.  

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, it looks like the date of birth is not required when activating.

B_Muller

@MacMe wrote:

@B_Muller wrote:

Since PM is a prepaid service, other than paying for the first month of service/plan, does one really need to provide any info other than selecting a phone number? Also are all the info provided changeable later in the "self serve" account management (e.g. name/address/email etc)? Or what's NOT changeable once provided?

Thanks.

When you activate in-store, they use the same activation form:

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

You can see all the information required.  I believe all of it can be changed/updated in self serve. edit:  I don't see a place to update the date of birth.

Thanks, MacMe!

There is NO * in the DOB field (*Required Field), so I'm assuming DOB is NOT required at all?

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@B_Muller wrote:

Thanks.

When you activate in-store, they use the same activation form:

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

You can see all the information required.  I believe all of it can be changed/updated in self serve. edit:  I don't see a place to update the date of birth.

Need Help? Let's chat.