cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop to use sim for a Month and Don't want to get Charged for that month

Sjr29
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be out of Canada for a month and I want to stop using my sim card for one month. Hence, I don't want to get charged for that month. Is it possible? If I don't pay the fee for a month, in the next month, will the bill add up with previous month fee? Can I start using the sim just paying from the month I want to activate again?

8 REPLIES 8

SMS messages are held on the server for several days and then deleted. You would likely get some texts that had been sent and held upon your return and reactivation from those few days before your return.

Your mention of "messages" might imply you have an iphone. That gets messy. I'll let iphone users who have travelled/been suspended explain all of those ins and outs.

avery2021
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thank you so much!

Curiously, you will still be able to get voice messages while in suspended state. (though you'll have to access them remotely, not with the suspended device/service)

However there'll be no text messages waiting in the queue.

EDIT:  (messages in queue subject to @dust2dust comments below re the 'few days' in queue - thanks)   

Also, @avery2021 , if you do use iPhone, you can rely on iMessaging while away if available Wi-Fi or will be using a local data/SIM plan to access mobile data while abroad.

avery2021
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just curious- what happens to any messages or texts you receive in that suspended month?

no way to retrieve right?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Sjr29   yes, just go to My Account's Payment page, then Manage payment and then disable Pre-Authorized payment.

Then the plan will be suspended on your next renewal date.  When you come back, you will need to make a manual payment to resume service.  Also, please remember to turn on Pre-authorized payments again at that time

And , make sure you resume service within 90 days after suspension or your account will be closed 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Sjr29 

Once a regular 30-day cycle has expired, if there is no auto pay enabled or available funds on the account, the account will go into a suspended state.

It can remain in a suspended state for up to 90 days during which there will be no charges accruing on the account.

When you wish to restore service, simply top up the account to the amount of your plan (and re-enable auto pay if you disabled it upon leaving) and you are back where you left off on another 30-day cycle.

HAPPY TRAVELS!!!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Or, just don't pay. Turn off the pre-authorized payment option and let the account suspend for lack of payment (assuming you don't have a balance). Then when you want the service back you make a manual payment to start a new 30 days. Turn on pre-authorized payments then for the following renewal.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Sjr29 

For the month your away , just suspend account by clicking on the lost sim card feature.

When you return, just click on the lost sim card button again, so your service will restart.

You'll just pay for your current month.

You won't be charged for the month your account was suspended using the lost sim card feature.

Need Help? Let's chat.