cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen Phone

mjulian12345678
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Help, my phone was stolen and Im really not sure what to do. I cannot locate it on find my device but I have reported it stolen. Is there any way the carrier can track this for me?

16 REPLIES 16

@mjulian12345678 make sure you change ALL your email and banking password first.  Start using 2FA for those accounts as much as you can.  Since your email could potentially be compromised, using your own email to receive 2FA is NOT safe.  You either use an alternate email or use Authenticator app.  Don't waste time, still change password.   Change to some password COMPLETELY different, and different one for different accounts.

And I would change all those password once again when you have everything settled in a week or two later

mjulian12345678

i tried both and they both said its not connected to wifi but ive had weird logins in my history. the cops are the only ones with the authority to use technology to find these phones through gsm and sim card. yet they say they wont help? i guess i should have handled it myself when i had the chance and would have gotten arrested for defending my possessions. thanks for the help. ive learned not to bother asking them for help anymore.

Sorry @mjulian12345678  ,  I totally understand it is sad what have happened about losing the phone.  I just want to point out it could be a waste of time to go the police route.  it is good to report to the police, but you should not have hope that they can do anything.  It is a sad truth

For your phone, since it is a Samsung, did you try BOTH Google and Samsung Findmyphone service?

Google: https://myaccount.google.com/find-your-phone

Samsung: https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

Honest, these are the last hope to minimize the damage. I still don't think they can help to  you to get the phone back, but hopefully these tools can help to wipe the phone or make sure they phone cannot be activated again.

Another thing to do to help to make sure it cannot be used in North America is to open a ticket with PM Support to blacklist the phone.  You can do so here:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

As I said earlier , if you have a PIN setup on the phone, it should be ok and don't need to worry about further info lost

Sorry, if I upset you earlier.  Again, I was just to point out that don't put your hope with the police about getting the phone back.  

mjulian12345678

isnt this kinda counterproductive i come on here for advice and your lecturing me about why the police pick and choose? How about some compassion knowing i just lost a hell of alot. I suffer from a brain injury and am really struggling with this. if this is your answer youve said it.

@mjulian12345678 wrote:

its their job to do this and they never even attempted to make an effort. I have a samsung phone. it says its signed out of google in the device list and i cant sign it back in to do anything. the excuse of police not doing anything doesnty work for me. it had my life on it.

It is a harsh truth that there are more pressing and more serious cases for police to follow.  Again, you know how many phones got stolen everyday?  Police cannot help to track every one of them

mjulian12345678

no i cant whipe are lock or anything. there is a keylock on it physically tho

mjulian12345678

its their job to do this and they never even attempted to make an effort. I have a samsung phone. it says its signed out of google in the device list and i cant sign it back in to do anything. the excuse of police not doing anything doesnty work for me. it had my life on it.

@mjulian12345678 wrote:

i reported to the police and they wont do anything. wont even look at this until after long weekend. so does that mean this person who stole my phone just gets access to all my info? banking? everything? i cant seem to even locate it on find my phone. 

Depends if you have a lock.

And what kind of phone is that?  Apple ? Samsung?

you cannot do a remove wipe or so? 

But with Apple you can do more, make sure it cannot be activated again

With the police, I am not surprise.  You know how many phone got lost or stolen every day?

@mjulian12345678 

You need to log into self service right away and put it lost/stolen mode so they cannot use your SIM card. 

mjulian12345678

thankyou

JL9
Mayor / Maire

It is important to go through all these steps including getting it blacklisted to restrict the chances of the scumbags using/selling it etc

mjulian12345678

i reported to the police and they wont do anything. wont even look at this until after long weekend. so does that mean this person who stole my phone just gets access to all my info? banking? everything? i cant seem to even locate it on find my phone. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mjulian12345678 

If you have an iPhone, you can try tracking it on iCloud.com or if it is a Samsung, you can login to Samsung account and track it that way.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mjulian12345678 

Login to your account and click on Lost/Stolen Phone so they can’t access your SIM account. 
Contact a CS_Agent via private message or create a ticket on SIMon Chatbot to Blacklist your phone so they can’t use it.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@mjulian12345678 

First of all log into self service and put your account on lost/stolen mode. You can then purchase a new sim card and go into self service and choose Change SIM card when you get another phone. Public Mobile cannot track it for you.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mjulian12345678 PM can't track your lost or stolen phone.  You should log into your self serve and make sure you register it as lost or stolen there and that will deactivate the sim so it can't be used.  I know you said you reported it stolen not sure if you meant with PM or police.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.