cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stole Phone

Tiggzbutterfly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone was stolen in December. How do I get my new back ???

I called it just outta curiosity yesterday and it was ringing. Which means someone is using it ??

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Tiggzbutterfly 

You will need to login to your Self Serve account and click on My Usage>Lost/Stolen Phone to stop service.

Also have PM put your phone on Blacklisted by contacting the CS_Agent through private message on the envelope icon on top of this page.

If the phone still has juice, you can login to your phone location as noted by @softech @links.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tiggzbutterfly : Just to clarify the terminology used by the above learned users...the Lost/stolen function is a way to suspend the features of your account. You Suspend the service. And then when you have a replacement phone and SIM, you go back in and Resume the service. If this goes past the previous plan expiry then you'll need to pay for your plan again. If you're already past that expiry and you did not pay to renew then, then you don't need to Suspend/Resume. Don't let the account go past 90 days while in suspension.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Tiggzbutterfly   Maybe you can try to  locate it with Apple/Google/Samsung service? If you have set it up probably, you can locate it or remote wipe your phone

Locate a device in Find My on iPhone - Apple Support (CA)

Find My Device (google.com)

Find My Mobile - Samsung

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Tiggzbutterfly 

It will be difficult to get your phone back unless the person who found it, tries to give it back to you.  Some phones like iPhone have a find phone feature if you turned it on.  

You probably should report your phone stolen in your self service account.  Buy a new SIM card and a new phone and change SiM card number in your self service account.  You can then resume service with your old number.  If you know the IME of your old phone, you can also blacklist your old phone by reporting it stolen to Customer service agent. .

@Tiggzbutterfly wrote:

My phone was stolen in December. How do I get my new back ???

I called it just outta curiosity yesterday and it was ringing. Which means someone is using it ??

Please log in to your account at selfserve.publicmobile.ca to report your phone as lost/stolen. This will prevent anyone from using the Public Mobile service.  

Need Help? Let's chat.