cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still without phone.

Huntress
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello,

it is now 14 days without the use of my phone... I paid my monthly fee on the 30th of last month and ever since I couldn't use my phone.. Last week I came on to ask what to do and so had to order a new sim. (Which now cost me 5.75) I understand why you would make people pay for it, but surely loyal customers who just want to use their phone shouldn't have too.. Now I am waiting for the sim to come in..

So here is my delema.. I paid for the service on the 30st of last month..Will I get compensated for the time I couldn't use it?  Because to be honest. I have gone half the month without using it..

7 REPLIES 7

Huntress

@Saray_O Hello and thank you for getting back to me. I have already tried everything you suggested, I have 2 unlocked phones that I can use here. (So if I want to change I can) And the same happens. No Service and No Sim..  I Just got the sim Card in Today. And will trying it to see if it will work..

But what of the 15 days that I have not been able to use it???

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Huntress

I'm really sorry about this inconvenient 😞 

I have checked your account (number enting on 5006) and I can see that everything seems to be active and there are no system errors on our end. I have refreshed your connection to our network to see if that helps, could you reboot your phone? Also, have you checked that your Public Mobile SIM card works in another unlocked device? 

If after this you're still having issues, send me a private message with your current email address and I will send you a new SIM card (if David hasn't already done so). 

Let me know! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Mchan
@Luddite

I don't believe their compensating for the time without service. I was without service for a week and I asked twice and they dodged the question or completely ignored it. I hope it's possible for this poor soul...I thought a week was bad..

Kaiyo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Huntress wrote:

Yes, and I do understand the reasoning behind having people pay for a sim card.. I don't however understand why loyal customers have to pay to for one so as to use there phone again...

And I did talk to David again in Private, he never got back to me..

As you may know they are swamped with people with issues. So it would take a while yet for them to respond. 

I believe they will compensate you. 

Huntress

Yes, and I do understand the reasoning behind having people pay for a sim card.. I don't however understand why loyal customers have to pay to for one so as to use there phone again...

And I did talk to David again in Private, he never got back to me..

Kaiyo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I read your previous posts and saw that @David_J asked for your shipping address to ship you a new sim card. However, since you reply to that thread the same day saying that you paid for the sim card, I don't believe you message him? 

They started charging for sim card a while back because many people ordered the sim card but never actually signed up for a plan, so it was losing PM money. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

I am sure you will be compensated. Because the current backlog is so large, I suggest you wait until a few days after the promo to register your "claim". To do that send a private message to any moderator with your phone number and an description of what has happened.

Meanwhile, you can make phone calls with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi. Not ideal but may tide you over.

Also, if you wish to get the promo offer I would log into your account and select it to start when your current plan expires.

Good luck activating the new SIM. Remember, do that under Change SIM in your account, don't activate a new account.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.