cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still having problems receiving texts from outside Canada

NT3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Friends, I restored Google messaging and can send & receive texts from Canada but not from the USA - financial institutions send me authentication codes but I don't get the messages - I have my Android set to (wifi=off, mobile network  which displays Telus, set to mobile data=on, automatically select network=on, everything else=off) - is there something missing? thank you for all your help and have a wonderful day!

4 REPLIES 4

NT3

wish I had the option, they refused....

NT3

Can't thank you enough Softech - this is exactly what they keep telling me it's a carrier issue, sometimes when I requst a phone code it works other times it does not, they refuse emails and refuse to stop 2FA... so currently my only option is to call customer support and take my turn - eventually I will stop using those institutions.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Great point, for any 2FA text issues I have usually been given an email option to get around it

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NT3   if it is international 2FA text, shortcode, there is no guarantee they will arrive.  It is a sender issue and not a PM issue.  Most international shortcode/2FA won't come because of setting on the sender side.  They need to make special settings and possibly extra cost to be able to send internationally. 

You can try to contact your financial firm and ask them to escalate for their technical department (most first level  helpdesk don't  know much and will just try to close the ticket by asking you to check your carrier, but it is not your carrier issue).  Best is to ask them what are the alternative ways to receive 2FA , maybe voice call, authenticator app or email.  Try to change to other means of 2FA and not text 

Need Help? Let's chat.