cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still did not receive sms confirmation

Chinchi0411
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

Could you please helping me to complete the port out as I’m trying to port out (keeping my number) to another provider since few weeks ago but without success.

I still didn’t receive the sms confirmation after been requesting from both sides, and even pay extra monthly fee to keep this account alive.

Earlier today I have ask again for the same request from another provider and they said they will reach public mobile and sms confirmation will be sent within 90 minutes; but it has been hours now, nothing came through.

Please help!

Thanks so much. 

5 REPLIES 5

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I am assuming you put your PM sim back in the phone then and successfully ported it over?

@Chinchi0411 

Yes you do! Common mistake by members. You have to leave the PM SIM in your phone with data enabled. You got 90 minutes to reply to the text once the other carrier actives their SIM.

If you missed the text then you need the other carrier to restart the porting process.

To answer the confirmation text on it, yes. Once transferred then it's garbage.

It's always suggested to remove any credit card when you are leaving any service.

Chinchi0411
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The public mobile sim has little data so I only switch on when I’m back home.

I need to keep the old sim card inside a phone the whole time ?!?! -.-

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you leaving this sim in a phone? The text goes to that sim, not the new provider sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.