cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step 1 of using dual sim with Public Mobile

kaelinsheaden
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm starting a business and would like to use dual sim on my iPhone SE (3rd Gen).  From all I can tell, I CAN do this on my phone, and I CAN get a second SIM card with PM (but not an eSIM).

My question though, is how do I get a second SIM?  Do I just purchase one through PM's site and assume it doesn't matter that I already have one?  

8 REPLIES 8

kaelinsheaden
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you everyone for weighing in and helping out.  Your responses were very helpful and I think I have now navigated the situation (and yes, my phone can only support one physical sim and one esim so would need a different provider for the esim (or a new phone).

drsiha
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you are getting a new number, surely you can.

Not sure what you are asking about.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@kaelinsheaden According Apple website :"

You can use Dual SIM with the following:

iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, iPhone 13, iPhone SE (3rd generation), and iPhone 14 (purchased outside the U.S.); these models can use one physical SIM and one eSIM.So I don't think you can use 2  physical sim cards in iPhone.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iph9c5776d3c/ios#:~:text=You%20can%20use%20Dual%20SIM,m....

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kaelinsheaden wrote:

I'm starting a business and would like to use dual sim on my iPhone SE (3rd Gen).  From all I can tell, I CAN do this on my phone, and I CAN get a second SIM card with PM (but not an eSIM).

My question though, is how do I get a second SIM?  Do I just purchase one through PM's site and assume it doesn't matter that I already have one?  

@kaelinsheaden 

If you have phone which supports 2 physical SIM cards, you can have two PM SIM card. in a phone which supports 2 physical SIM cards. But iPhone does not support 2 physical SIM cards

Correct me if I am wrong, the Apple iPhone SE 3 (2022) supports Dual SIM.  i.e. supports 2 plans with 2 phone numbers.  But it has only 1 Nano SIM slot.  Therefore, it supports the following DUAL SIM configurations:

1.  1 physical Nano SIM Card and 1 eSIM

2.  2 eSIMs

Unfortunately, PM does not support eSIM ATM.

You can change phone with 2 physical SIM in order to use 2 PM SIM cards.  I am using a UMIDIGI dual SIM phone with 2 physical SIM cards for over 2 years.

If you want to continue to use your iPhone SE 3, you need to get a plan from another provider like Koodo which supports eSIM.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

Hi it’s best to go to your nearest telus or koodo store to pick one up call ahead to make sure they are in stock ,it takes two three weeks if you order one here I have used both sim and esim in my  iPhone works great 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@kaelinsheaden 

Faster if you go to a Telus/Koodo store and pickup one up there.

You will need to pick a new number and use your business email for the second SIM.

Also remember to use your referral code for your business SIM for a $10 credit on your next month bill.

If you go for the $40+ plan also use the 12MONTHS12GB promo code to get 12gb of data free for 12 months.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You have to get another sim to start a second account with a different email address.

Should work just fine in your dual sim phone.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You can buy sims from Public or Amazon or from corporate stores.

It requires a whole other account. But certainly works perfectly well. It's what I have.

Need Help? Let's chat.