cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed issues

Powerchord77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anybody have issues with speed on 4g/5g.  I usually only get around 1mbps download.  10-15 upload.  Tried another phone with sim and same.  I'm on 50gb 5g plan.  I seem posts about people suspecting being throttled ?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Powerchord77

This issue is resolved by support.  If anybody stumbles on this thread.  The issue was incorrect APN settings automatically coming down by OnePlus phone.  Had to be Manuel changed.

Thanks!

Powerchord77

its been like it a while, i never really paid attention to exactly when, within last 6 months I'm thinking.   suspect happened sometime changing monthly plans.  I've been with public mobile for years & have done speed tests in the past with greater speeeds

hi @Powerchord77 

must be something wrong with the account.  How long it has been like this slow? Or you just joined?

Newfoundland still have good speed with Telus/PM, so submit ticket with PM agent for help

Powerchord77

OnePlus phone, even tried my sim in a formatted galaxy s23.  Same speeds.  In newfouldland.  I know people on bell & telus who get over 100 mbps no problem on 4g. Tried all the different mode combos makes no difference 3g etc.  download is not fast enough to stream YouTube music sometimes.  Def seems throttled

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Powerchord77 

what phone you have? so you get a better upload speed than download?  and what city you are at?

did you try choosing the different network mode on the phone? try 4G and 3G and 5G.  Even 3G , the speed should be better

if there is no different, then ask support,   submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

It includes the unlimited data at reduced speeds if you use your limit.  But i couldn't use up the 50 gb if I tried.  Currently only couple hundred MB used

@Powerchord77 wrote:

Anybody have issues with speed on 4g/5g.  I usually only get around 1mbps download.  10-15 upload.  Tried another phone with sim and same.  I'm on 50gb 5g plan.  I seem posts about people suspecting being throttled ?

Are you on a plan that includes unlimited data at reduced speeds?  For those plans after using your data amount, the speed would be reduced to about 0.5Mbps, but upload speeds would also be throttled.  As for your slow speeds, this is often area dependent.

Need Help? Let's chat.