cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speaker randomly shuts off

CanadianPerson0
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This only started recently, but now, whenever I call someone the speaker will shut off randomly. I have to press the speaker button again and then it'll shut off again sometime later. No clue why it's doing this. Hasn't done this in the past year and a half I've been with PM & never experienced this with other carriers I've been with.

iOS if relevant.

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CanadianPerson0 

"Try checking Settings > Bluetooth to see if there are any Bluetooth devices that are currently connected that may be taking over the audio while you're on a phone conversation. You can also test this by disabling Bluetooth (same location in Settings) to see if the issue persists."

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253592747#:~:text=Try%20checking%20Settings%20%3E%20Bluetooth%2....

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Nothing to do with PM service.

Most likely your phone is acting up.

Drastic measure is to do factory reset. Backup all your stuff first. If you have Apple phone, do research regarding OS updates - know to malfunction Apple phones.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@CanadianPerson0 

Take your iPhone into a Apple Genius store to have it checked out or a cell repair shop.

It sounds like the speaker might be the problem if your signal bars are good.

Try using headphone to see if it has the same problem. If it is OK then it is the speaker.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CanadianPerson0 

it does not sound like a network issue but a problem with the device.    is this a phone you got from PM ?  

if you got it elsewhere,  you can try to update iOS , reset phone or go to Apple store for help (they will ask you buy a new one 🙂 )

if it is a phone you got from PM and within one year, you can likely just drop by Telus store  or MobileKlinic for warranty help.   If you like, you can also open ticket with PM to confirm the warranty status

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@CanadianPerson0  I assume your tried to reboot the phone 

Need Help? Let's chat.