Did you mean: 

Spate of Activation Errors

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

The safest approaches when activation errors occur are:

a) never pay more than once even if the system says you have not been charged

b) if you did not get to the payment page try again

c) if you get an "SIM invalid" error on a second attempt an account was partially created and you must private message the moderators

If you remember ONLY 1 piece of advice NEVER PAY MORE THAN ONCE.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It is great advice to say don't pay more than once.  Often it is hard to tell as a new customer what is going on.  When there is failure the first time, the natural thinking is the process did not complete, let's try again.  It is after successive failure that trigger review of the payment account to see if there is something wrong at that end.  Then the big surprise, three payments have been posted.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good point. I agree.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I agree,  but unfortunately I think most people will activate first run into issues then come to the forums:(

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Luddite wrote:

The safest approaches when activation errors occur are:

a) never pay more than once even if the system says you have not been charged

b) if you did not get to the payment page try again

c) if you get an "SIM invalid" error on a second attempt an account was partially created and you must private message the moderators

If you remember ONLY 1 piece of advice NEVER PAY MORE THAN ONCE.

@Luddite, couldn't agree more!!  If in doubt wait a few minutes and contact your CC company and check to see if there have been any charges on your card.  Refunds from PM could be 6-8 weeks for processing from what I have read on here from others that paid multiple times.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.