cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry we are unable to verify your credit card information

redwheeler
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was wondering if anyone has found a solution to the following problem...

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

-- Click "Payment" 

-- Click "Manage My Card"

-- Click "Replace this credit card"

-- Fill out the information on the form

-- Hit "Register"

ACTUAL BEHAVIOUR:

Error message received: "Unable to process transaction. Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged."

EXPECTED BEHAVIOUR:

Request is processed

WHAT I'VE TRIED:

-- A different credit card (this works, but is not my preferred card)

-- Contacting the credit card company (they say everything's fine on their end)

-- Ensuring the address exactly matches my credit card file. I can change my credit card address online on MBNA's website, and tried the following permutations (I changed the numbers and name of the address examples):

1. MBNA Website = 1234 SILVER AVE STE 123

PM Form Variations (seperated by commas) = 1234 SILVER AVE STE 123, 1234 SILVER AVE, 1234 SILVER AVE (123 in the Apt# box)

2. MBNA Website = 123 - 1234 SILVER AVE

PM Form Variations (seperated by commas) = 123 - 1234 SILVER AVE, 1234 SILVER AVE (123 in the Apt# box)

3. MBNA Website = 1234 SILVER AVE (303 on second line)

PM Form Variations (seperated by commas) = 1234 SILVER AVE, 1234 SILVER AVE (123 in Apt# box)

SOME OTHER INFORMATION:

The credit card worked upon activation for my two lines and I was charged the appropriate amount for each, but when I tried to purchase an add-on, I got the message above. So, I removed the card in an attempt to re-enter the information and now I can't get it back on the account.

Any ideas or success stories, I'm all ears. Thanks a lot in advance and I'll basically try anything to get this card working. For my name, city, card number, and CVV2, I have, of course, ensured that it exactly matches the card.

37 REPLIES 37

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@redwheeler

The only other suggestion I can make is to have a PM moderator check to see if there is any block against your credit card from having made too many attempts and have them clear it.  You can contact by private message any of the moderators listed here:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...
Include the phone number for the account on which you previously had the credit card linked.

redwheeler

Thanks SD08,

Incognito mode in Chrome was one of the first things I tried. Following your advice, I tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, as well. I also tried the process on a different device. Always the same message.

BTW, I also tried running out to my front lawn and doing circles as 70challenger mentioned. Surprisingly, it didn't work, either. I echo his comments that I'm grateful for any help folks can give and appreciate you all trying. Getting customers via a smooth activation process (had no problems at all with Rogers) and taking their money through a smooth payment process (had no problems at around 50 online vendors with this credit card) are both, I would say, extremely important factors in acquiring customers. I'm sorry to see that Public Mobile is having trouble with both. I'd love to see the company succeed, but this is going to hold things up.

70challenger
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Same problem with me and I am really annoyed by the suggestions that you need to clear your cache, try different browsers, run out on your front lawn and do circles, etc...I appreciate the help from users. I don't understand how this is a difficult thing for a company to leave unfixed?

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

When the billing system rejects your credit card, sometimes trying the following works:
-clear your browser cookies/cache

-use a different browser (I've heard Safari has had good success)
-use private/incognito browsing mode
-turn off ad/pop-up blockers
-use a different device (tablet, desktop, etc)

redwheeler

Thanks, Thedon,

That might be the problem. Unfortunately, on my credit card company's website, the space is added in when I leave it out. There's no way to keep it removed permanently.

I did try changing the maxlength limit on the Public Mobile form so that there was room to add the space in there (reasoning being instead of removing the space on the credit card site, I could add it on the Public Mobile site). That part worked but I still got the same error upon submission.

Thanks, Thedon, for trying to help me. If anyone else has some bright ideas, I'll give those a try, too.

thedon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Make sure your MBNA registered postal code doesn't have a space in it. The public mobile website doesn't let you add any spaces in the postal code. That's what gave me problems when I was registering my amex card

redwheeler

I was wondering if anyone has found a solution to the following problem...

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

-- Click "Payment" 

-- Click "Manage My Card"

-- Click "Replace this credit card"

-- Fill out the information on the form

-- Hit "Register"

ACTUAL BEHAVIOUR:

Error message received: "Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged."

EXPECTED BEHAVIOUR:

Request is processed

WHAT I'VE TRIED:

-- A different credit card (this works, but is not my preferred card)

-- Contacting the credit card company (they say everything's fine on their end)

-- Ensuring the address exactly matches my credit card file. I can change my credit card address online on MBNA's website, and tried the following permutations (I changed the numbers and name of the address examples):

1. MBNA Website = 1234 SILVER AVE STE 123

PM Form Variations (seperated by commas) = 1234 SILVER AVE STE 123, 1234 SILVER AVE, 1234 SILVER AVE (123 in the Apt# box)

2. MBNA Website = 123 - 1234 SILVER AVE

PM Form Variations (seperated by commas) = 123 - 1234 SILVER AVE, 1234 SILVER AVE (123 in the Apt# box)

3. MBNA Website = 1234 SILVER AVE (303 on second line)

PM Form Variations (seperated by commas) = 1234 SILVER AVE, 1234 SILVER AVE (123 in Apt# box)

SOME OTHER INFORMATION:

The credit card worked upon activation for my two lines and I was charged the appropriate amount for each, but when I tried to purchase an add-on, I got the message above. So, I removed the card in an attempt to re-enter the information and now I can't get it back on the account.

Any ideas or success stories, I'm all ears. Thanks a lot in advance and I'll basically try anything to get this card working. For my name, city, card number, and CVV2, I have, of course, ensured that it exactly matches the card.

Need Help? Let's chat.