cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ashraf0078
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sometimes I don't get text messages if my data is offline. any idea why?

is it to do the number I transferred was a voice-over Ip number?

6 REPLIES 6

@ashraf0078 wrote:

and I'm not using SMS apps. 

@ashraf0078   What app are you using?

And Android has similar thing to iMessage too.  The Android one is called RCS.  Some people like to use that as well, although RCS is not as common as iMessage

ashraf0078

Yes, I received other SMS from other carriers when my data finish or turned off or I'm not connected to the internet. but I feel when I don't have data things get delayed not sure why !

My VoIP still working but lost that number and I'm afraid someone using the same number I have but VoIP, because I was on vacation for two months and my service was inactive but not canceled and one of my bank had issues saying we were calling you and lady answer your phone and deny all my service and identification and when I get back I activate my number and called them and they say your case went to collection absence when the bank called you you don't respond! 

The first problem it could be my number is still used as VoIP with someone else and this is big problem , how to fix it?

ashraf0078

@Yummy using a Samsung phone not iPhone, and I'm not using SMS apps. maybe it could be the sender he send it using the SMS app not sure ?!

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It could happen if you use iphone and proprietary SMS app.

SMS does not need data. You have to have DATA On if you are sending/receiving MMS.

@ashraf0078 

SMS text messaging doesn't use data. Message coming only when there's a data conmection means that some type of instant messaging service is being used instead (this includes Google's chat feature or iMessaage).

Do you ever rexeive text messages from peiple using other carriers when you don't have an internet connection?  If the porting request is recent, the messages could still have them being routes to your old carrier.  Is youd old VoIP service still working?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

That sounds like you're probably using an iphone. Do you get them when you connect to wifi? Probably. If it an iphone then turn on the SMS and the MMS options in the imessage settings. But this can be a problem with sending to other idevices and sending to email addresses rather than phone numbers.

Need Help? Let's chat.