cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone is SELLING the free PM SIMs in www.amazon.ca

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

PM Sim Amazon.PNG

Not sure if you guys need / want to action on this....

Or maybe you guys want to set up an official store there, but not sure if there is enogh volume there.

Thank you,

JL.

11 REPLIES 11

@ckl you can't sell for $0, hence why I said sell for a penny. 

ckl

Well, as a countermeasure, somebody from PM should just offer free PM sims on Amazon... officially.

I have seen them for sale in stores as well (the smaller local guys)

Public can't really stop someone from reselling 

If a seller was a fraud though they could use a copyright claim to get them removed

But if you really want to help, just go make your own post for $0.01

Then whenever someone asks to buy them you can place order on Public main website on their behalf

Up to you if you keep the penny (wait what is a penny? 🙂 )

I would never buy something like this through an unofficial vendor when it's available from the official vendor.

The price difference ($4.50 vs free, lol) is, for me, actually just a secondary annoyance.

My primary concern is that SIM card readers are widely available for less than $10 and blank SIM cards "for backups" are widely available for less than $5 each, less than $1 each if purchased bulk.  (Not to mention that data from vast numbers of SIM cards could be stored on a single computer drive.)

I would never know if an aftermarket SIM card has been copied or altered.  But I don't want anybody stealing, hijacking, or billing my phone service.  And I don't want anybody installing any sort of loggers or backdoors or malwares or junkwares or bloat on my phone.  I honestly don't even know *exactly* what's stored on a SIM (never looked, lol), I'm not even certain if they could be meaningfully hacked - but I do know that clean hardware and clean software will always be more reliable and trustworthy than compromised wares from dubious sources.  And, to me, any aftermarket owners/vendors/resellers I don't have to deal with are dubious sources.  This guy might be legit, but savvy people will avoid the compromise.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Whoaaa! This is just greediness. I just gave a bad review and mentioned that the SIM card is free on the PM homepage. Let's do it all, so this guy misses out some revenue! It is just not fair to ask for money if you can get it free! Just now I am furious.

jairolevi

I would be okay with this if the person would have some added value.

By added value I mean: something like same day delivery, or "done for you" services, buy an activated SIM while visiting canada and just put it in your phone.

But if it is just the same free, unactivated SIM I just dont think its honest.

JL

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite wrote:

@zmh1175 Not sure how someone would be able to order from Amazon yet be unable to to order from here: Order Now 

@Luddite Actually, having it on Amazon might raise exposure for PM.  People have to come looking specifically for PM to be able to order from there, but they could easily stumble upon it at Amazon.  Food for thought?  🙂

On an unrelated note, I just placed an order for 1,000 free SIM cards from Public Mobile, and coincidentally totally just signed up as an Amazon and eBay seller.....  *cough*

(Note, I am only kidding, and it's a shame to see someone trying to profit on something that's free.... ...and that someone isn't me!  😉 )

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jairolevi

Exactly

@Luddite wrote:

@zmh1175 Not sure how someone would be able to order from Amazon yet be unable to to order from here: Order Now 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

4.5dollars. Isnt bad at all for the people who doesnt know how to order PM Sim. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @jairolevi

Thank you for letting us know!

As you know we don't sell any PM SIM cards, as they are free to order on our website. There isn`t really much we can do or say, with what the customers decide to do once they receive a SIM card ordered from our website.

Have a great day!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Need Help? Let's chat.