cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some calls not going through

MaryBee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been using public mobile for about 3 years now and a couple of months ago it started happening that some incoming calls to my number are not ringing through. I would just get a message that I have new voicemail and no missed calls or any calls showing. Often I would be waiting for a call only for it to never happen and when I speak to the other person they say I tried calling your number several times and it was not connecting. The service bars are on, some other calls are coming in, so I am really confused. What do I do?

9 REPLIES 9

MaryBee

Thank you, will try to determine if it's a phone thing somehow and not the sim.

MaryBee

Thank you, sounds like this is going to be my last resort if all the troubleshooting tips don't work. 

@MaryBee wrote:

Thanks for the other perspective, will13am, I am pretty certain there haven't been software updates, but if there were bugs, where would I go looking?

What model of phone are you using?  The things I would do on my phone would be reboot, clearing cache and restarting dialer app, installing a network monitoring app to see if there are oddities with connectivity.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MaryBee 

It happened to a friend of mine. We tried the usual troubleshooting tricks but nope didn’t work.

Finally he contacted a CS_Agent and they had to forward it to a Technician to look into it. After a day it was working and it was something to do with a backend issue.

MaryBee

Thanks for the other perspective, will13am, I am pretty certain there haven't been software updates, but if there were bugs, where would I go looking?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MaryBee try reboot phone first

then try reseat the sim car, power down the phone, remove sim card for a min, then put it back and power up

If it still does not work well,  try PM sum card in another phone to confirm it is not a phone issue 

MaryBee

Thank you, I will try this. Chose the preferred network as 3G and hopefully this helps. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@MaryBee , have you had any major software updates on your phone?  Local network issues can happen but they would not be allowed to persist.  Intermittent problems can typically be rooted to software bugs.  

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@MaryBee Hi first thing to try is go into your settings  and manually connect to 3g if that doesn’t work contact a cs agent 

Need Help? Let's chat.