cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Info on Public Mobile

happycamper
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It would be helpful for some of the new customers of PM to be aware of the size of the company and help us understand why there are delays in solving some of the issues that new clients are encountering - such as:

- approx. number of wireless subscribers PM has

- number of moderators currently employed to deal with problem issues - are they located in Canada or elsewhere

- any idea of the number of new subscribers joined PM last weekend

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Good1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@srlawren wrote:

@happycamper unfortunately, I'm almost certain @Someone_here is correct here.

If you're concerned that PM may be a small company, do rest assurred that it is owned by Telus.  As for moderator coverage, this is just my personal thoughts here, but I think they generally keep enough on at most times to handle "typical" volumes of requests, which seems reasonable.  This past week has been anything but typical.  However, if you think about "a-typical" situations with other mobile providers, you often hear of multi-hour wait times on the phone to talk to someone at a call centre.  And in fact, during the Dec 2017 $60/10GB frenzy, several if not all of the companies participating were completely unreachable for multiple days due to the volume.  So, while unfortunate, I don't think this outage (for some people--let's not forget there are also many PM customers that kept using their services completely uninterrupted and unaware of the issues) was terribly out of line based on comparing to PM's peers.

Good points! 🙂

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Latest numbers I've found for TELUS:

Subscribers (000s)

Postpaid:8,113
Prepaid:894
Total:9,007

They don't differentiate between brands so the above are totals for TELUS Mobility, Koodo and PM all together. Since all three have prepaid plans it's still not much help in determining how many subscribers PM have themselves.

Source: TELUS Q2 2018 Investor Supplement

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@happycamper unfortunately, I'm almost certain @Someone_here is correct here.

If you're concerned that PM may be a small company, do rest assurred that it is owned by Telus.  As for moderator coverage, this is just my personal thoughts here, but I think they generally keep enough on at most times to handle "typical" volumes of requests, which seems reasonable.  This past week has been anything but typical.  However, if you think about "a-typical" situations with other mobile providers, you often hear of multi-hour wait times on the phone to talk to someone at a call centre.  And in fact, during the Dec 2017 $60/10GB frenzy, several if not all of the companies participating were completely unreachable for multiple days due to the volume.  So, while unfortunate, I don't think this outage (for some people--let's not forget there are also many PM customers that kept using their services completely uninterrupted and unaware of the issues) was terribly out of line based on comparing to PM's peers.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Good luck getting these numbers, especially question 1 and 3! (sorry, I don't believe a private company will disclose these numbers... 😉 )

Need Help? Let's chat.