cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active PM users/subscribers?

neo911
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Was just curious! Does anyone know how many user/subscribers are active on PM.

Did not find any report/article wherein PM has released its annual numbers. Or does Telus consolidate the numbers with itself?

Wikipedia lists some numbers but they belong to pre-telus era

16 REPLIES 16

neo911

That would be awesome @Mary_M

Thanks @daredogg. You could also blame the lack of work during holidays for such ideas! (Hopefully my employer reads this and is happy to hear to I miss work so much. NOT!!!!! lol 🐵

@daredogg yes Telus offers prepay plans

But considering the pricing against either Koodo or Public I would question a persons sanity who signed up with them directly Cat LOL

Out of the 1,072,000 prepaid customers under Telus, would PM be included in that number? I'm guessing so, as there's no mention of Koodo, Fido, etc., so I'm thinking they're counting the total under the umbrella? If that's the case, that million or so prepaid subscribers would also be shared with Koodo (I don't believe you can get prepaid with Telus itself).

Anyway, great find @neo911! You seem to have a knack for finding stats! Robot wink

Koodo probably has more subs in prepay but mainly at low level (eg the $15 chat plans for kids)

Koodo has alot more visibility obviously

Prior to promo Public had over 200,000 (how much over?)

In the Q4 2016 numbers I suspect 75%+ of new adds were on Public vs Koodo

NOTE - the subscriber count won't increase as much remember as if Telus gets -1 Koodo & +1 Public the net result to prepay is 0

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Maybe Jeremy will give us a rough idea, I doubt they want the exact numbers to be public.

@Mary_M wrote:

@Hey @neo11,

This is definitely a good question!

As community moderators, we don't really know or have access to the exact numbers but we can inquire about it! We'll get back to you in a few days!

Mary

Wow, that is going above the call of duty!  Telus has around 1,000,000 prepaid accounts.  I would imagine that Public Mobile being 100% prepaid and much better priced than Koodo or Telus should have a good share of the total. 

SD08

@Mary_M wrote:

@Hey @neo11,

As community moderators, we don't really know or have access to the exact numbers but we can inquire about it! We'll get back to you in a few days!

Mary

Thanks, Mary_M.  It's great that you'd inquire on our behalf, as that would be interesting to know.  It's another matter, however, whether management would be forthcoming with that data so soon.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @neo11,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

neo911

thanks @nishufan @daredogg @will13am @NDesai

Even if we consider 60,000 as a conservative estimate, these are good numbers to be added in just over a month's time. Total subscribers would be around 400,000-500,000! Just guessing based on PM's pre-telus numbers and expected additions per year.

Rogers wireless reports 9.5M with 34% market share. So considering PM has around 5% market share the numbers should add up to around 1.4M. I am sure my calculations/estimations are not correct.

Btw found this report from the website of CWTA, but it shows data of only the net additions for the year 2016 and as expected PM and Koodo are consolidated under Telus. Can our moderators shed some light on this @Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O ?SubscribersStats_en_2016_Q3.jpg

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

My estimate for the number of sign ups during the promotion is based on account number information.  I signed up my first account early on and the last account at the end.  I am assuming that their account number assignment is sequential. 

I agree @NDesai random shots in the dark! Robot Happy

Hey @neo911 curiosity got the best of you, right?!  If, as @will13am has suggested, 75,000, I sure hope PM will put a lot of that revenue towards an upgraded backend system. These glitches need to be resolved, hopefully in 2017!

hehe those look some random guesses lol

Rockdaddy22
I'd say a couple hundred thousand total. Just a guess

SD08

@will13am wrote:

I don't know what their numbers are like before the November promotion.  My guess is they probably picked up around 75,000 accounts during the promotion.

Based on the account numbers reported by new users during the course of the promotion period, I'd say PM picked up around 40,000-50,000 new subscribers, minus the ones who didn't stay due to various activation/billing problems.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't know what their numbers are like before the November promotion.  My guess is they probably picked up around 75,000 accounts during the promotion.

nishufan

I also curious about it, but I can't find any statistics related to this. I assume PM has over 5000 subscribers at least.

Need Help? Let's chat.