cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So No 4G plans offered anymore?

Bubba
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I haven't been on here fro a very long time. I was on a forum elsewhere and a person said they were looking for a new phone company because something happened and they were no longer getting 4G.

So I guess its true. I dont see an option for 4G on the plans. When did this change?

So people who had it before are sill getting the 4G?

6 REPLIES 6

It is a throttle

You are still 4G network just at slower speed

I agree this idea has run its course and should be phased out tho

@Community_QA wrote:

serious, would we get better LTE plan when 3G goes away? like higher speed? and is VoLTE really coming to us soon?

I don't see that affecting anything.  The 3Mbps factor has always been an artificial limit.  As for VoLTE, Public Mobile has not said anything about that.

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

serious, would we get better LTE plan when 3G goes away? like higher speed? and is VoLTE really coming to us soon?

Yes I bet the specific 4G speed plans disappeared about three years ago. I have been here 3 1/2 years and they weren’t around too long after I switched to PM.

AE_Collector

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Bubba all data plans are still 4G, just throttled down to 3Mbps.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Bubba wrote:

I haven't been on here fro a very long time. I was on a forum elsewhere and a person said they were looking for a new phone company because something happened and they were no longer getting 4G.

So I guess its true. I dont see an option for 4G on the plans. When did this change?

So people who had it before are sill getting the 4G?

When connected to the LTE network, all current/in-market plans are limited to a speed of 3Mbps.  Some customers have older plans that allow faster LTE speeds but those are no longer offered to new customers nor to existing customers who don't already have them. 

This changed happened a few years ago.

Need Help? Let's chat.