cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sms still on old SIM

mhmorency
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello! Did the phone transfer and it works but sms is still going to my old sim?

13 REPLIES 13

@mhmorency wrote:

Don’t see any contact number?

HI @mhmorency 

please check your community inbox again

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

mhmorency

I just don’t see where you have send the number?

HI @mhmorency 

another sign the porting was never completed

we are just customers like you, so, to fix your issue quick, please call porting team , I sent you the number already

mhmorency

Don’t see any contact number?

mhmorency

Real sms don’t work, iMessage is fine since going thru internet

If you put your old sim in a phone then what works? Are you talking imessage blue bubble texts or real sms green bubble texts? Is your Apple ID set up for the new phone?

HI @mhmorency 

i hightly doubt your porting was completed then.  Please check the community inbox for the number I sent you.  Call them and ask , they are the only who can tell if porting was done

mhmorency

Missing all my text, they go straight to my old phone/SIM

hi @mhmorency 

reboot your phone once and try

ask a friend to text you and check

if you just missing 2FA text, that is normal.  2FA text might not all come until 3 to 7 days.  

If in doubt, submit ticket with CS agent for further investigation

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mhmorency

Over 12 hours ago

mhmorency

2nd step was done and replied to my old provider and they confirmed. Calls/data works but not SMS. It’s been over 12 hours….

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mhmorency When did you do the transfer?  It can take a while before the transfer is complete, so you might just need to give it a few more hours.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@mhmorency 

you put in the porting request but you didn't complete the porting steps

your old provider should send you a text and you need to reply Yes within 90 mins to approve the port, did you do that?

If yes, it will be another 2 hours before porting completed.  You can put PM sim card in the phone and reboot and test inbound calls 

if you missed the text from old provider, call porting support team.  I will send you the number to your Community inbox.  Call them and they will help

Need Help? Let's chat.