cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow website??

B12
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Has anyone else been experiencing a sluggish Public Mobile Community website?

I swear while pages are loading the site grinds to a halt and sometimes when I start typing the text does not appear almost till I stop typing.

I know this to only be on the Public Mobile website because no other website I visit behaves this way. Everywhere else is fluid.

17 REPLIES 17

@bluejaywpg 

Sometimes it can be slow in the morning first thing  but its improved since firefox started dumping your search history every day.

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For me it's slow when logging in but fine after that. 

B12

@gpixel 

Ah. I am more/less anti-Google right now. And to say that is somewhat misleading as I am against the current CEO's agendas and the company itself is merely an umbrella for said operations.

If the current heads resign and honest, authentic ones take up the mantle I'll happily use Google and some other services as well.

I am currently "married" to the Apple ecosystem which I am not proud of nor grateful. I spent quite a bit on stuff there so I kinda have to stay if I don't wanna waste money.

All I can really say to both, as politely and modest as possible, is if you make great things but your plans are mischievous than what good is the "greatness" of what you make?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@B12 yeah Firefox was my main browser for the longest time for those reasons you mentioned.

that's a pretty cool add-on (uBo scope). no matter what we do big brother is always watching.

I don't really remember exactly why I switched, but I think it had alot to do with jumping on Google's bandwagon and having everything connected. yes it was convenient, but it also makes it convenient for someone else... now I'm trying to do the opposite

B12

@gpixel

I use Firefox because I like the design and because the settings are transparent enough that I can configure it exactly how I think it should be. I can't seem to do this with any chrome-based browser.

Firefox has an about:config page as well, which goes further into detail what can be disabled or enabled.

My plugins/addons are uBlock Origin, uBO-Scope, BitWarden and HTTPS Everywhere. uBO-Scope shows a person what scripts are running on a site and what percent of it tracks you. Unsurprisingly, Google is on the majority.

I have yet to find a better adblocker than uBlock Origin.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@B12 I agree, I'm not too fond of the design either. but it blocks all those horrible YouTube advertisements 👍. plus im able to use their proxy server with CloudFlare and it runs pretty good

B12

@gpixel 

I used to use Opera. I don't care for the design of it and plus it runs off of the chromium engine.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@B12 yeah that's weird. I've never run to any issues when I'm using the computer. I used to use chrome, but currently I'm using opera

B12

I could try another browser, I just really don't want to.

I don't use chrome, I use Firefox and on the side Brave for some things.

I am on a desktop computer running an i7 4790k... plenty fast enough to run websites. 😁

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@B12 are you using a smartphone for the community? the lagging is chrome. it's a known issue... this also happens to me. when it happens I usually swipe up to get to the multi task and then go back into the app. turning on data saver in chrome helps speed things up

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@B12 true enough.

Have you tried logging in on different devices, in hopes of an improvement.

B12

@esjliv 

I could try that but I mean I only just got here so the cache would be miniscule.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @B12 ,

I do find logging into "My Account" can be a bit slower than other log in pages. My "Community" account seems fine though.

Maybe try clearing your cache, see if that speeds things up some.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@B12 The Community website is fine for me. The only slow website is Self Serve.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Always slower than other websit.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Personally, the Community pages seem to be hit or miss, i.e. most of the time they're reasonably responsive, but occasionally they get sluggish, whereas navigating the account pages is almost always sluggish.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@B12 wrote:

Has anyone else been experiencing a sluggish Public Mobile Community website?

I swear while pages are loading the site grinds to a halt and sometimes when I start typing the text does not appear almost till I stop typing.

I know this to only be on the Public Mobile website because no other website I visit behaves this way. Everywhere else is fluid.

Log in can be slow, but seems to be normal page loading times. Seems slow most times in BC.

Need Help? Let's chat.