cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Two Factor Emails/Expired

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The Two Factor emails have always been slow. Today the first attempt took 4 minutes based on the email timestamps in the headers and was expired when I tried to use it. The second attempt took 3 minutes. Any one else have such slow responses?

7 REPLIES 7

@umnikke8 

Yes, I realize that my friend issue was with his phone but what it sounds like is a server issue then.

umnikke8

This is emails and nothing to do with time setting. The actual emails take a long time to be received.

@umnikke8 

Best thing to do is to change the time on your computer or phone so it is synced.

My friend had the same problem with his Samsung phone where all new text replies would go to the second from the bottom of his messaging app.

Once we change the time on his phone, all replies was at the bottom.

I found that the 2FA code came in faster through text rather than email.

umnikke8

I based the times on what was in the email headers. The difference between when the Telus server timestamped the message and when it was received by my mail server.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@umnikke8 I find sometimes it is an issue with the email server.  Also, you might need to keep pressing refresh on you email app as some are just set to automatically refresh every couple minutes 

If your account is active, send via sms is the best choice 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@umnikke8 , I have had issues receiving the email, never too slow.  I have resorted to text which seems pretty solid.  The timeout duration seems rather short and could be lenghthened.

Need Help? Let's chat.