cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim

nel_g
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

purchased an new sim card from telus, inserted into new Apple iPhone 11 activated Public sim and ported my number no problem. when phone comes on it says SIM Not Supported. Went back to the Mobile Shop where phone was purchased and they tell me the issue is with Public Mobile and good Luck trying to fix it. 

3 REPLIES 3

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@nel_g wrote:

purchased an new sim card from telus, inserted into new Apple iPhone 11 activated Public sim and ported my number no problem. when phone comes on it says SIM Not Supported. Went back to the Mobile Shop where phone was purchased and they tell me the issue is with Public Mobile and good Luck trying to fix it. 

Which Mobile shop? Is it trustfully shop? According online search, your iPhone is locked. You'd go to the Mobile shop ask them to unlocked or return the phone if you could.

When your iPhone says SIM is not supported, it usually means that your second-hand iPhone or even a new iPhone is locked to a carrier. You can go to Settings > General > About > Find Carrier Lock and check if it shows No SIM restrictions, then your iPhone is unlocked.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@nel_g 

You can also try the PM SIM card in another working phone. That would help determine whether PM service issue versus hardware set up problem.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nel_g yes, it could be just a sim provisioning issue.  Easy fix for PM but you need to open ticket to engage support 

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account): click this  Chatbot Ticket Link 

Then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" to open the ticket submission page
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.