cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim to eSim

Mollie13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I've just transferred my cell number over to Public Mobile from another provider (Koodo). Koodo said the transfer went through. On my iphone I turn off the koodo service (physical Sim) and tap on eSim but it says I don't have any service, it says SOS. How do I get this eSim thing to work as my new sim card? Yes, I did set up the eSim properly in the app. Help please.

5 REPLIES 5

2-Percent-milk

You may have to go to your Setting/Cellular and if a eSIM card was installed you will have to turn on the Public Mobile "Turn on this Line" switch. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mollie13 

could be just a provisioning issue.  But as @LitlLdy suggested, start with Reset All networks.  If still showing SOS, just engage support by direct message and they can reprovsioning the account:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Mollie13 wrote:

Hi there,

I've just transferred my cell number over to Public Mobile from another provider (Koodo). Koodo said the transfer went through. On my iphone I turn off the koodo service (physical Sim) and tap on eSim but it says I don't have any service, it says SOS. How do I get this eSim thing to work as my new sim card? Yes, I did set up the eSim properly in the app. Help please.

@Mollie13 , 

Have you reset network settings & rebooted your phone after successfully installing your eSIM?

If that doesn’t help please send a private message to CS_Agent for help in fixing it. 

You can send a private message to a CS_Agent using the link: ->   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Customer Support Agents are available from:

• Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

A CS_Agent will respond back in your Community mailbox (envelope icon) at the top right of this page to the left of your community avatar on your computer or by clicking on your avatar on your device.

Mollie13

Yes I did. Then I received an email from Koodo stating "sorry to see you go". 

Josh204
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you responded YES to the text from Koodo while transferring your number 

Need Help? Let's chat.