cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swapping, maximum amount of times?

Diggy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I swap my sim, a lot. This time I’ve used eSIM to maybe make it easier.Is there a maximum times it can be swapped? do I have to buy an eSIM every time even IF it’s had the line on it before?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

@Diggy sound like you just want to "move" esim from phone to phone.  Yes, you can do that, and supposed to be free.  There is no maximum number of time.  Sometimes the system might still charge you by mistake, just message support and they will reimburse the cost.  

And remember, only one esim can tie to one account, once you got a new eSIM and installed on another phone, the old one will be voided

Diggy

I've transfered my eSIM to another device and transferred it back to my phone. Really my question is if I pay the $5.60 for the eSIM how many times can I change it back and forth? Essentially it's the same as giving my Dad a Physical SIM to take my service to the USA with him, except eSIM, he came back and I bought an eSIM and it went back on my phone and works, but the install screens were truncated and it was not a clean exit on the program so I wasn't sure what caused that and I wondered if there is a max numbers of SIM swaps you can do on your account.

@Diggy no, only one sim card (doesn't matter physical or eSIM) is ever tie to an account, ie, you CANNOT have two sims tie to an account

if you have two iPhone and want them access the account , you need physical sim card and need to swap the sim card between your 2 phones.  You CANNOT install 2 eSIM for the same account on two  phones 

Diggy

Hey @softech, thanks for the prompt reply! So if I have two iphones, both have PM and have tied to the same account. As long as only one person at a time is turning on a connecting to the tower it's good to go? So essentially I could have it on three devices but if I don't delete the eSIM and just deactivate? I don't have to swap the eSIM with PM in the app?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Diggy 

by swapping, if you mean you use another carrier's physical or eSIM , then you can disable PM's eSIM (remember not delete) and re-enable it when you need.  If you are doing that, there is no maximum number of times you can do.  It is ok as long as your eSIM not deleted or you are not linking your PM account on another physical or eSIM 

Need Help? Let's chat.