cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim offer for $5

dreamboats
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello ! I understand I may have just missed the $5 offer for a new SIM. We were hoping to get our daughter one for her birthday and have our whole family with PM. Due to the panic in Halifax about the fires, we could not avail of this offer. Any chance of making an exception and granting us the $5 offer for a new Sim, please and thanks

9 REPLIES 9

@Onedatewonder wrote:

Yes, but I never got the free sim card!  Also, it has been over a month since I ordered my sim cards so don't expect the sims to arrive anytime soon.  Go to a Telus store, or order on Amazon.   Maybe go to another provider even  because this inability to send sim cards in a timely manner or communicate the reasons for the lengthy delay is very amateurish at best. 

@Onedatewonder - if you have the email with the order number when you ordered the SIM card, take a screenshot of it, and submit a ticket to CSA. They will likely honour a replacement to be sent.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @dreamboats , here on the community forum you are speaking with other public mobile customers and members of the forum. We are not Public employees.

To reach Public Mobile representatives, you can use the “Get Help” section at the top of the screen above: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help, and in the “Start your Search here” box type 'customer support' to get two methods to Contact a Customer Support Agent with Public Mobile.

If we are close, and you'd like a free SIM card, private message me for one of my spares.

@Onedatewonder   did you open a ticket with PM ?  They will resend you a  new card.  There were easy with SIM order earlier but now is fixed

@dreamboats since you want to get the sim card for $5, better to order from Amazon then from Koodo Kiosk, it will be $10 from kiosk but Amazon is $4.99

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dreamboats  If your in Halifax I can confirm , Halifax shopping Center Koodo kiosk has them in stock and the Koodo kiosk in bedford mall has them also 

Onedatewonder
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, but I never got the free sim card!  Also, it has been over a month since I ordered my sim cards so don't expect the sims to arrive anytime soon.  Go to a Telus store, or order on Amazon.   Maybe go to another provider even  because this inability to send sim cards in a timely manner or communicate the reasons for the lengthy delay is very amateurish at best. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dreamboats 

There was a free SIM card giveaway by PM in the begin of April. This was a once in a bluemoon event so keep your eyes in the Announcement Section or posts from members here. There are no expiry dates on the SIM so it is always handy to keep one around.

Meanwhile, as others have suggested to order from Amazon and if you have Amazon Prime, you will get the card in a couple of days.

Too bad Canadian Cell Supplies online are sold out on PM SIMs. They normally have them on sale too.

Jellybelly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Im sorry to hear that, I heard Amazon have just has good deals for under $10!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@dreamboats 

I concur with above suggestion. Amazon will have it to you in days rather than weeks.

Make sure to use your referal code when daughter does activate her new account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dreamboats 

easiest way is to get it from Amazon for $4.99

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07R6P5KBB/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AD2L5SKHPCC6Q&psc=1 (Free Prime Shipping)

It is better as Amazon has a better shipping with tracking.

PM delivery or sim card is usually slow , as many as 3 weeks, and no tracking.  So, ordering from Amazon is much better

Need Help? Let's chat.