cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim isn't working / no service after activation and successful payment

Jezzcanada
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello . I would like to ask about the issue of my  Public Mobile sim . No service until now after activation last January 8. The payment is  already successful. I sent a ticket and sent private message to all the online moderators  users here  but nothing happened. I tried all the reset process, restart process, even lost and found trick. And I found out that I activated it on my incompatible phone. So I decided to buy a new sim and change sim card on my same account through other cellphone that is compatible. But still both of  my sim doesn't work to any phone. But when I tried my friend's public mobile sim and other brand , it works on my incompatible phone. So the problem is in the new sim that connected to my account. I don't know what to do now so I want to talk to a costumer service to fix it. Please help me .Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

@Jezzcanada wrote:

It says that if I dial *#06* and something pops up on my phone it is compatible. That's why I activated it on my phone.  I shouldn't based on that. 😞 

@Jezzcanada dialing that just give you your IMEI #. Which you would need to unlock your phone if it was locked from the previous provider.

Is it locked to the previous provider? IF so, contact them to unlock it.

Have you checked your SELF SERVE account status?

Jezzcanada

It says that if I dial *#06* and something pops up on my phone it is compatible. That's why I activated it on my phone.  I shouldn't based on that. 😞 

Hi @Jezzcanada ,

What does your status say when you log into your SELF SERVE account?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

@Jezzcanada 

@Jezzcanada wrote:

I bought a new sim but I didn't activate it on my phone. I just change the sim card  in my account using my friends phone ( compatible one)  . Hoping that it will work unfortunately it's not.

When you changed the SIM cards in your account, the 1st SIM card becomes inactive and you can't use again.  You will need to fix your account to get the 2nd SIM card working.  

If your friend's PM SIM card works in your "incompatible" phone, that means your phone should work with Public mobile.  The problem is with your Public mobile service.  Unfortunately, you will need to wait for moderator (PM employee) response.  It is much longer than usual.  About 1-2 days wait for response.  Check your private messages for response (envelope icon on upper right corner).  

Jezzcanada

I'm sorry I mean  I wasted two sim to my account. The first one is already dead. The second one is still not working. My account is okay but the sim is not. The moderators just ignore me.

Jezzcanada

I bought a new sim but I didn't activate it on my phone. I just change the sim card  in my account using my friends phone ( compatible one)  . Hoping that it will work unfortunately it's not.

Hi @Jezzcanada ,

You can only have 1 SIM connected to one account at a time.

IF you changed your SIM number on your SELF SERVE account then the 1st one cannot be used any longer. Unless it can be reinstated by the moderators, you can ask them about this, since you have not had any services yet.

Jezzcanada

My two public mobile sims that connected to my account does work to any phone. No service since I activated it. My friend  also use public mobile sim so I tried it to my phone, her public mobile sim (her account) works on my phone. My account is successful (active).

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Jezzcanada wrote:

Hello . I would like to ask about the issue of my  Public Mobile sim . No service until now after activation last January 8. The payment is  already successful. I sent a ticket and sent private message to all the online moderators  users here  but nothing happened. I tried all the reset process, restart process, even lost and found trick. And I found out that I activated it on my incompatible phone. So I decided to buy a new sim and change sim card on my same account through other cellphone that is compatible. But still both of  my sim doesn't work to any phone. But when I tried my friend's public mobile sim and other brand , it works on my incompatible phone. So the problem is in the new sim that connected to my account. I don't know what to do now so I want to talk to a costumer service to fix it. Please help me. This is my phone house number. XXX XXX   XXXX .Thanks.

@Jezzcanada You already activated that first sim card using a phone that was incompatible with Public Mobile.  so that sim card is already dead.  Get a Public Mobile compatible phone before you activate the new sim card.  

Jezzcanada

I'm done. I'm just new here in Canada. And this is my first sim that I tried because it works on my friends. I know it hard to cancel and make a refund so I just to fix it but I don't know how. Most of the moderators didn't response. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Jezzcanada ,

EDIT:

ENSURE your port went through.

Call the Porting Team at ****to assist with your port.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Maybe your account was not provisioned correctly.

Wait, did you say YOUR SIM works in your friend's phone?

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Jezzcanada this is a public forum.  Please remove your personal information by clicking the three dots on the top right of your post and Edit.

Calling oracles and retired oracles... where art thou???

Need Help? Let's chat.