cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card issues

TGB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a new sim card through public Mobile but by the time I activated it my old subscription was already expired, so now I can't receive calls or texts 

4 REPLIES 4

TGB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched my daughter's phone to public mobile from another provider,  her other account was expired before the new sim card came! Now only half of her phone works, she can't receive calls or text but she can call out and text 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@TGB 

If your old subscription is longer than 90 days for nonpayment then your account will be closed and you loss your number.

If it is less than 90 days. Just login your account on the PM app then go to the Account tab>Change Your SIM Card with the new SIM card number.

IMG_0213.png

@TGB wrote:

I have a new sim card through public Mobile but by the time I activated it my old subscription was already expired, so now I can't receive calls or texts 

Are you a new customer or was this to replace a lost SIM card for your already exising Public Mobile account?  If it was to replace a lost SIM card, it wouldn't be the activation procedure that would be used as that would open a brand new account.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @TGB 

did you login to My Account and update the sim card number?  if your subscription just expired, you should still be able to login to My Account, make a payment to resume and update the sim card number

or you can ask support agent to help to check and update the sim card number.  Please message them if you are unable to login My Account

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.