cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card damage - can I replace it and keep the same phone number?

gaelle2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, My phone got water damage, and trying my SIM card in another phone I can not get calls, and the data is not working. I this my SIM card also got damaged. Can I buy a new one BUT keep the same phone number? I yes what do I do to keep the same phone number? thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@gaelle2 
SIM are pretty robust and it is rare to damage them with water. 
Try drying it off with a microfibre cloth and don’t scratch the copper contacts. If it is scratched then you probably need a new one.

You can pick one up at a Telus/Koodo/Mobile Klinik store for $10 or from Amazon or Canadian Cell Supplies for $5.

Once you have the new SIM. Login to your account on the PM app or website and go to Account tab>Change Your SIM Card.

IMG_0213.png

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

easy.  just get a new PM sim card from Telus or Koodo store or Amazon

after you have the sim card, login My Account or the app and got to Profile or Account page to update the sim number.  If you have trouble getting the 2FA for login, just click Didn't receive code and use the send email option 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@gaelle2 

If SIM card is damaged, you can purchase a new physical SIM card.  Via your self service account, under profile section, you can change to the new SIM card number.  Do not "activate" a new account with new SIM card.

image.png

Need Help? Let's chat.