cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim activated but not working

IzzyW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So frustrated right now. I bought a Public mobile sim, paid for a plan and activated it online. But my phone is still saying "NO SERVICE". I selected a phone number, and later public mobile randomly switched it. I am wishing I seriously went with someone else, public mobile is extremely frustrating, has poor costumer service, and I would never recommend it to anyone.

5 REPLIES 5

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@IzzyW wrote:

So frustrated right now. I bought a Public mobile sim, paid for a plan and activated it online. But my phone is still saying "NO SERVICE". I selected a phone number, and later public mobile randomly switched it. I am wishing I seriously went with someone else, public mobile is extremely frustrating, has poor costumer service, and I would never recommend it to anyone.

Most "customer service" is dealt with here in the Community Forum made up with PM users like you and me. There's some very smart hombres here and I'm sure we can find a solution to your problem as quickly as any phone based customer service from overseas....(not that there's anything wrong with overseas !!)

If you're willing to pay more for phone in customer service...well...see ya when you get back !!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@IzzyW wrote:

@IzzyW  - what is your account status..is it ACTIVE? Check on self serve or try to call 611 from a phone with the pm SIM card inside.

Can you try your sim card into another phone to make sure the 'no service' issue isn't phone related?

If the sim card works in another phone, is your phone locked to another provider, or is the phone blacklisted: Check the Status of Your Device in Canada | DeviceCheck.ca?

As for the number changing, did you port a number over from another provider and miss the approval to port text on the old provider's sim card? If so, you need to ensure the old account is active (unless telus or koodo, these may be exceptions), then restart the port request by contacting CSA, or doing this under the Change Number feature in your self serve account.

Two ways to contact CSA:

1- Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Customer Support agents=CSA) by clicking here:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

OR
2- Private message CSA here (slower method) by clicking here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @IzzyW   Try to reboot the phone once and see if it works.  Sometimes you need that one more reboot

For the number, you didn't request porting number but just requested new number?  Some time PM gave out numbers owned by someone by mistake, maybe that is the case the PM needs to reassign you the number

You can make change to your number 4 times per cycle.  So, if you don't like what was given , just pick a new one

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@IzzyW hi try turnig off phone reseat your sim and reboot,it is possible your account didn't provision properly you will need to open a ticket, to speak to a customer service agent    Click here or if you are having issues with Simon you can send private message to a CS Agent here:  https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@IzzyW   When you say they switched the phone number, you meant the phone number showing on your My Account is now different from the one you picked?  You can pick another one later by going back to My Account, click Change Number.

But let's get you the service first.

what kind of phone are you using?

Try to reseat the sim card first.  Power off the phone, take the sim out for a minutes.  Then put it back to the phone firmly and power up

If that does not work, you have another phone around to test the sim card?

If issues persists on the other phone or if you don't have a 2nd phone to test, open ticket with PM Support.  it is likely a sim provisioning issue and it will be an easy fix for PM Support

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.