Did you mean: 

Sim PIN CODE

TRIPLEA49
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a new phone  that is asking for Sim pin code

8 REPLIES 8

@TRIPLEA49 wrote:

I would like to  re-enforce the SIM card's PIN is not related to the account PIN, nor is it related to the voicemail password.  The SIM card's PIN is the same for all Public Mobile SIM cards unless someone changes it.

I would like to ask what the on-screen message on your phone says.  If the phone is asking for a "SIM network unlock PIN", this is an entirely different thing and would be the indication mentioend earlier that your phone is locked to another carrier.

@Anonymous wrote:

@TRIPLEA49 

Where to find your PUK (publicmobile.ca)

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link, and ask them for the PUK.

In this case, the customer isn't asking for a PUK. Using the PUK in place of the PIN wouldn't work. The only time the PUK is used if the user is locked out of using the PIN.

@pepsi wrote:

If u bought one online u should be emailed the pin code. if not its 0000 or 1234 or 2345

@pepsi 

The PIN code by default on Public Mobile SIM cards is ALWAYS 1234.

@esjliv 

Public Mobile doesn't use 0000 as the default SIM card PIN code.  It would only be set to 0000 if someone inserted the SIM card and manually changed it to that.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Be careful: If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

pepsi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

dont do it too much your sim might become locked contact the cs agent

pepsi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If u bought one online u should be emailed the pin code. if not its 0000 or 1234 or 2345

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TRIPLEA49 

Where to find your PUK (publicmobile.ca)

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link, and ask them for the PUK.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@TRIPLEA49 wrote:

@TRIPLEA49  try 0000 EDIT (striked out) correction, as pointed out by @computergeek541 - thanks,  or 1234.

BUT, if you  try too many times you will lock your SIM, then will need Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) to unlock it for you.

CSA contacts here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

OR, is your phone locked to its previous provider? IF so, contact them to unlock it for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.