cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Compatibility

Antwi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The How do I check if Public Mobile sim is compatible with the phone of my wife?

6 REPLIES 6

Here's an easy, fail-safe way @Antwi 

If you, or anyone else you know, are using Public Mobile, simply pop their SIM out of THEIR device and place it in your wife's device.   Use adapters on/off as may be required, of course.

Then check to see if calling, texting, and data works.  

If so, you're good to go!!!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Antwi 

It won't be the SIM is compatible. It is her phone that you need to check to see if the frequencies are compatible with PM frequencies.

Also check on her phone if it has eSIM compatibility if that is what you are asking.

Antwi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your responses but I would like to know if someone can post the link to use the imei of a phone to check sim compatibility. I used this link but unfortunately, I can't find it to check if my wife's will be compatible.

@Antwi wrote:

The How do I check if Public Mobile sim is compatible with the phone of my wife?

Currently sold Public Mobile SIM cards will fit in any device that has a SIM card slot.  The SIM card can be resized by breaking away pre-cut pieces away from the larger size.   To make sure that the phone will work properly, it needs to be unlocked (or locked to Telus, and with a SIM card slot obivously unless it has an eSIM that is compatiblie with Public Mobile's services) and should have at least connectivity to HSPA networks on 850MHz and 1900MHz.

Need Help? Let's chat.