cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card

SmartAlecTrisha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why does it say in the setting there is no SIM card? It says it in the network connections. I go to turn my data on and it says no SIM card. I close the settings and open it again and it lets me connect.

7 REPLIES 7

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SmartAlecTrisha  I haven't tried it, but I heard you could rub the SIM card terminals with something gentle (eraser, tissue) to clean it if that's the issue. Anyone else know if this is true? It might be worth a try if it's not already working.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@SmartAlecTrisha wrote:

Why does it say in the setting there is no SIM card? It says it in the network connections. I go to turn my data on and it says no SIM card. I close the settings and open it again and it lets me connect.

@SmartAlecTrisha  That means your phone is not detecting the sim card. Try removing the sim and reinstalling into your device again.

@SmartAlecTrisha

Login to your PM Self-Serve and confirm your PM SIM card is Activated. 

If it's a dual-SIM or multi-SIM phone then try the other SIM card slot(s). If you have an SD card installed then try removing it, it might be populating one of the SIM card slots. 

And restart each time.

If your PM SIM card still isn't recognized then try another SIM card (borrow from someone else's phone for a few minutes). Meanwhile, try your PM SIM card in the other phone. 

If a phone is carrier-locked then it usually says "Invalid SIM"... but it can say "No SIM Card" or something else instead.

@oglat wrote:

try maybe chaning the sim slot

try restarting the phone

check your apn settings too

@SmartAlecTrisha wrote:

APN is only for data. APN can't make sim not work.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@SmartAlecTrisha wrote:

Broken slot, or dirty or broken sim. Sim could be cut wrong or too thin or too thick from manufacturing.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

try maybe chaning the sim slot

try restarting the phone

check your apn settings too

@SmartAlecTrisha wrote:

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

sounds like the phone issue

which phone are you using

can you test on different phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.