cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card deactivated

Saphira
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a SIM card a while back but my phone broke so I wasn’t able to use it for a while. Finally got it fixed and tried to reactivate it and paid online for my plan but my phone still won’t work. Please help. Do I need a new SIM card??? What happens to the money on my account?? Can I transfer or get a refund?? 

8 REPLIES 8

@Saphira    Yes, I believe Yummy was asking you to reboot the phone, but I don't believe that's going to fix your problem and that's why you need customer support to take a look at the account.  Depending on how your phone got broke, it could be that the SIM card also got damaged and then you'd need to purchase a new SIM and change it in your self serve account.

For now wait and see what CSA's suggest.  If you've submitted another ticket, then their response will appear in the message box top right, so keep checking that periodically.

Saphira

What do you mean manual restart? Turn my phone on and off?? Thx 

@Saphira   Are you saying you submitted a ticket last Thursday and still haven't received a response?  You'd better submit another ticket or send a private message to CS_Agent as the ticket may have got lost in the system.

Saphira

Yes I did. 

@Saphira wrote:

I still haven’t heard anything back about my account. My SIM card isn’t working. I paid for it and still a no go. Please help. 

Did you open a ticket to ask a customer support agent for assistance?  That's done through the chatbot.  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Saphira

I still haven’t heard anything back about my account. My SIM card isn’t working. I paid for it and still a no go. Please help. 

@Saphira wrote:

I purchased a SIM card a while back but my phone broke so I wasn’t able to use it for a while. Finally got it fixed and tried to reactivate it and paid online for my plan but my phone still won’t work. Please help. Do I need a new SIM card??? What happens to the money on my account?? Can I transfer or get a refund?? 

Sorry, but there won't be any refunds. Whetner you have a working phone or not, the service would have continued, so that amount of time after your phone broke until the time that your plan would have renewed if you has paid, has been used up.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

How long have you been suspended? If it is not longer than 90 days then you still have PM account and after paying you could try to manually restart service.

Need Help? Let's chat.