cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shout out!

mellondon
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi all. 
this is a shout-out to moderator Evelyn. She helped me with my us roaming add on(again). As many of you already know it’s an ongoing issue with expiring 10 day purchase and then your plan renewing. Thanks to all involved but I wish p/m would resolve this issue but because there are so few customers with this particular plan(no longer available) it’s not worth it for them. 
cheers 

Don 

14 REPLIES 14

@mellondon wrote:

I have the USA/Canada plan that doesn’t exist anymore 60.00 a month. Because I’m in the USA so much it’s a plan I wish to keep 

cheers

@mellondon   you are lucky you have that plan... that's a good one for frequent US travellers.

@mellondon wrote:

@esjliv   I have the USA/Canada plan that doesn’t exist anymore 60.00 a month. Because I’m in the USA so much it’s a plan I wish to keep 

cheers

@mellondon 

Well, if this plan works for your, I don't blame ya!

IT would be nice if PM gave us a choice to dig into an addon when our Plan data/minutes run out.

I think you may need to continue to do the process you are doing to have the PM CSA's add the roaming addon when you want to.

mellondon

@esjliv   I have the USA/Canada plan that doesn’t exist anymore 60.00 a month. Because I’m in the USA so much it’s a plan I wish to keep 

cheers

mellondon

@BlueB @Yes that May be an option if I have to keep doing this. 
cheers

mellondon

@dabrbingo. Yes that is the plan I am on and want to keep it as it is a good plan. So if this is what I have to do, so be it. 
cheers 

@mellondon wrote:

It’s an on going issue. I do have the grandfathered plan, but because I’m in the USA so much I often run out of my roaming plan and need to purchase more. When my plan renews,usually before my 10 day add on is up it starts using my plan data. I hope this explains it 

cheers 

@mellondon    Are you on the discontinued hybrid CAN/US $60 plan from a couple of years ago and your US (2GB IIRC) is being utilized at renewal before the roaming data has expired?  

I can see very few people would have that issue, if that is the case, and unfortunately PM will likely consider it to be low on their priority list (if they have one!) to fix, so sounds like you need to keep asking the moderators (CS Agents) to resolve it each time it happens.  Frustrating for sure...

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mellondon 

It's always great to see a positive post celebrating some of the great stuff around here!  🙂

If you're in the US a lot, have you considered getting a US-based SIM card?  Depending on what minutes/data you need, it can be a great option for some needs.

@mellondon wrote:

It’s an on going issue. I do have the grandfathered plan, but because I’m in the USA so much I often run out of my roaming plan and need to purchase more. When my plan renews,usually before my 10 day add on is up it starts using my plan data. I hope this explains it 

cheers 

@mellondon Although i am not too familiar with your specific plan...I am curious, how does your Plan Data get used when you are in the USA?

Doesn't your Plan Data only work when in Canada?

mellondon

cheers 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@esjliv  the op mentioned an expiring USA add-on and plan renewal as well as a grandfathered plan. Hence my confusion re the specifics of the issue .

softech
Oracle
Oracle

nice!!  Always happy to see posts like this  🙂

@mimmo wrote:

@mellondon I don't recall this specific glitch can you elaborate on the issue?

@mimmo I read @mellondon's issue as the one that when the US roaming ends, there is a bit of a delay before Self Serve allows you to purchase the same one (back to back). But CSA can add it to the account on behalf of the user.

If this was not the issue, hopefully OP can explain.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mellondon I don't recall this specific glitch can you elaborate on the issue?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon wrote:

Hi all. 
this is a shout-out to moderator Evelyn. She helped me with my us roaming add on(again). As many of you already know it’s an ongoing issue with expiring 10 day purchase and then your plan renewing. Thanks to all involved but I wish p/m would resolve this issue but because there are so few customers with this particular plan(no longer available) it’s not worth it for them. 
cheers 

Don 

@mellondon 

Nice shout out, and yes it is a good recommendation to have this glitch fixed. It kind of leaves customers in the lurch if they do not know about the 'work-around' method (wait...contact CSA...).

Keep the positive vibe word out there, and here is looking for continuous improvement on this front and elsewhere!

🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.