cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Term Service

Judy7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be traveling out of the country for 5 1/2 months starting mid October.  I am a new Public Mobile customer and only need the service for 2 1/2 months.  Can you get 1/2 month service then disconnect until I return. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Judy7 wrote:

I will be traveling out of the country for 5 1/2 months starting mid October.  I am a new Public Mobile customer and only need the service for 2 1/2 months.  Can you get 1/2 month service then disconnect until I return. Thank you.

@Judy7 

Welcome to PM.

PM is a prepaid service provider and charge by full billing cycle of 30 days.  There is no refund of unused days.

You can disable autopay and your account will be suspended before leaving Canada.  90 days after suspension, your account will be canceled and your phone number will be returned to the provider who gave you your phone number.  You can pay before 89 days to get your account active again for 30 days.  Your account will be suspended again.  You can pay again after you come back after 5 1/2 months.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you wish to keep your account then you will need to pay once or twice to keep it alive. Basically paying every 4 months. That gives you a month of service and then suspended for 3 months. Then pay again. (months are 30 days here)

If you don't wish to keep it then just never pay again and it will disappear.

There's no half month. There's no pro-rating.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Judy7   PM is prepaid, you need to pay and stay for a 30 days

You can suspend the plan but with some work

you have to join the 30 days.   Then let it expired but you need to come back around 85th days after it suspended and renew it for one more.

So, assuming you join in Oct 1 and go away in Oct 15 and come back in April 1st (5 1/2 month)

you still need to join the full month Oct 1.  But after Oct 1 , disable Pre-Authorized payment, and make a plan change to $15 by selecting "Reactivate in the next renewal date' (Changing it to $15 is to reduce the cost of reactive for one month in the steps below)

Then on Oct 30, the plan will expire but cannot renew , since you removed Pre-Authorized payment.  The account will be in suspended mode until Jan 28 (90 days after Oct 30).  

I suggest  you to come back around Jan 23 and reactivate the plan with a manual payment.  It will reactivate for30 days, from Jan 23 to Feb 21.   It will be suspended again after Feb 21 as Pre-Authorized payment is still disabled

On Feb 21, the plan will go into suspended mode again until May 22(90 days).   By then, you should have came back and reactivated the plan

of course, if you don't care about the number, the best to do it is to let it expired in Oct 30.  Then come back in April and buy a new PM sim and activate a new account)

Again, all these days are just an example, you can provide us the exact dates and we can work it out

And you must reactivate BEFORE 90 days after each suspension or your number will be gone

Need Help? Let's chat.