cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing is Caring

edk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When was the link removed from Sharing is caring!
Tell your friends to use this code xxxxxx when they activate with Public Mobile?Now you cannot share this statement and have the receiver link directly to Public Mobile to activate a new phone. In the pass I would email this statement to a friend and when they could click on it they would go directly to setup.

12 REPLIES 12

@computergeek541 

Thanks, it's so nice to know they are listening: o)

@kselmak wrote:

Yes the link to the first page with the code prefilled was great.

I really wish it comes back to the first page

This is something that has been acknowledged by Public Mobiole in a discussion that I participaterd in with them.  They're at least aware of this feedback from members.

Yes the link to the first page with the code prefilled was great.

I really wish it comes back to the first page

edk

Thks

edk

Thanks

@edk wrote:

Thanks for your information. I hope this is corrected as it is too easy to make an error.

It certainly is @edk .   Especially for the folks with 0's and O's in their code (was that a letter "O" or a number "0" ???)

I would recommend using copy/paste from your self-serve to send the code.   Then, telling others to also copy/paste the code.

edk

Thanks for your information. I hope this is corrected as it is too easy to make an error.

@edk wrote:

I did not know there is a new activation site.

Check it out.  The design is cleaner and certainly more modern looking.   Only thing is that we all agree referral box should be on the first page 

Yup.   Public Mobile re-vamped their activation portal.   Here's the Announcement about it a couple weeks ago:

New Activation Portal - Community (publicmobile.ca)

yes, i think it is because the referral code is now not on the first page of the activation and there is a technical difficulty with that design.  

@edk , but the referral code is still there, so, continue to send your friend the code.. just need to make sure they don't put it in wrong and they remember to enter it 🙂

edk

I did not know there is a new activation site.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Good question, @edk 

I wondered why they removed that functionality as well.   It may have something to do with the new activation site they put in place - it may not have been built to accept the prior self-serve referral code link embedded into the activation link on the old system.    

Using the link with the activation code contained therein was great because removed any room for error when sharing your code with family and friends.

Need Help? Let's chat.