cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up two plans for my kids with autopay enabled. Both have been deactivated.

-Axeman-
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I recently purchased two Public Mobile SIM cards for my kids to go with the second hand phones we purchased.  I set both up with my credit card and enabled autopay.  That was in December.  Everything worked great with the phones until (I believe) February 1st, at which point the plans were deactivated.  I checked my CC statement and don't see any payments other than when I first set the plans up.

How should I go about fixing this?

Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18

@-Axeman-  I'm happy to hear you've been able to at least replace the card on your kids accounts. Use that same method whenever you make any account changes to avoid error messages. Hopefully auto pay won't fail you again. You could always add  a partial payment onto each account so the system doesn't need to charge the card the full amount and auto pay gets a "practice" run on the card. Then let it do it's thing for the following renewal. This is common practice when downgrading your plan as that sometimes triggers an auto pay fail and a partial payment can prevent it.

You are welcome @-Axeman- . I'm glad that we could help you.  Have a great week. 

@-Axeman- wrote:

Got it fixed - had to use a different browser (was using Firefox, used the new Edge instead), private mode, AND a different credit card.  Once I did that the payment went through without issue.  What's odd is that same card failed in Firefox.  I just hope that the autopay now works using this new card.

Thanks all for your help!

-Axeman-

Got it fixed - had to use a different browser (was using Firefox, used the new Edge instead), private mode, AND a different credit card.  Once I did that the payment went through without issue.  What's odd is that same card failed in Firefox.  I just hope that the autopay now works using this new card.

Thanks all for your help!

@-Axeman-   Hmmmm....that usually fixes it. If possible test your card out. Do you have a pm account? If so with that card registered you could make a nominal paymnt to check the card. Its sounding like an issue with your card....maybe. Hopefully it won't be too long of a wait for a moderator.

@-Axeman- did you contact the moderators as suggested earlier ? And by processing credit card  data . Are you trying to change your credit ? If you are, leave the apt number blank, enter the postal code without spaces. If applicable enter your apt in the address field ex xxx - street address. 

@-Axeman- wrote:

no, the services are not working.  Both phones receive a message when you try to make a call that your plan is not active.  I am able to log into the self-serve accounts, but they say "Account Status: Plan Expired".  I as the other posted suggested below I tried to make a payment again using a different browser in private mode, and that did fix the "missing amount" issue, but it's still failing to process my credit card data.  I may have to test my credit card on amazon or something, but I believe I have used it recently without issue..

-Axeman-

no, the services are not working.  Both phones receive a message when you try to make a call that your plan is not active.  I am able to log into the self-serve accounts, but they say "Account Status: Plan Expired".  I as the other posted suggested below I tried to make a payment again using a different browser in private mode, and that did fix the "missing amount" issue, but it's still failing to process my credit card data.  I may have to test my credit card on amazon or something, but I believe I have used it recently without issue..

@-Axeman-  Did you clear your browser and use secret mode? If not try again and choose other rather than amount due.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Axeman- 

Are the services working or not? You say deactivated. Are you able to log in to the self serve accounts? Does it show an area up top saying suspended? Or does it say Active lower down for status?

Edit: too slow with mobile typing

-Axeman-

Found the question mark, will see what they say.

-Axeman-

Thanks all... I just tried to manually make a payment and reactivate - and it is unable to process the transaction.  I noticed when I go to select the amount, if I choose "amount due", it looks like there is no value - as it if doesn't know how much is due and therefore the payment fails.  I also tried removing the credit card and trying a different card, same issue.  I am trying to find the question mark to contact the moderators but I don't see it...

@-Axeman-Go into both accounts and make manual payments and reactivate them. Make sure you clear your browser and use secret/incognito mode first. You may need to reboot the phones as well. An auto pay fail happens occasionally but both a little unusual....do they renew on the same day? This could cause an issue but generally it shouldn't. Speak with a moderator to rule out any other reasons and maybe consider using to different card for each account if that is possible.

@geopublic the second month free promo if applicable would habe been applied on the January cycle .

@geopublic wrote:

@-Axeman- wrote:

Hello,

I recently purchased two Public Mobile SIM cards for my kids to go with the second hand phones we purchased.  I set both up with my credit card and enabled autopay.  That was in December.  Everything worked great with the phones until (I believe) February 1st, at which point the plans were deactivated.  I checked my CC statement and don't see any payments other than when I first set the plans up.

Thanks!

@-Axeman- If the phones are working don't worry about it. Maybe you are on the one month free promo so you won't see a charge on your CC until the third renewal.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@-Axeman- wrote:

Hello,

Thanks!

@-Axeman- If the phones are working don't worry about it. Maybe you are on the one month free promo so you won't see a charge on your CC until the third renewal.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately AutoPay is not 100% fail safe. In this case, you can click on the Reactivate button to make a manual payment to resume service.

Fyi many members of the community suggest to manually top-up once a month to avoid any problems.

-Axeman-

Thanks for the quick response - I can see that I can make a payment manually on the site, but my main concern is what autopay failed - I'd rather not have to manually pay every month.  I'll try contacting a moderator.  Thanks again.

@-Axeman- , you can also try paying through 611 from your phone. Here's a guide on how to do it https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352/highlight/t...

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@-Axeman- You can log into your my account manually add the payment to your account and use the reactivate account option..  If this doesn't work contact a moderator and explain your situation.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon. Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket )

@-Axeman- wrote:

Hello,

Thanks!

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@-Axeman- wrote:

Hello,

Thanks!

What does the recorded message say if you call 611?

If the accounts are not active, logon self-serve account to see if you can make a payment to reactivate your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.