cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services

bevjw15
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated the SIM and account today and haven't received any services. What is wrong as I am supposed to receive coverage where I am.

7 REPLIES 7

@bevjw15 what's the make and model of the device?

you can contact customer support mods here

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

type "no service"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "click here to submit a ticket!)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

@bevjw15 

Which phone model are you using? Is it possible the netework could be set to only connect to 2g?

bevjw15

Tried that of course there are no bars showing as in no connection, been having this problem since account started.

@amy303 wrote:

Are you porting a phone number? If so, it might take awhile and you won't have service until it finishes porting.

That's not the case. When porting in a number, the Public Mobile service is supposed to work immediately, although incoming calls and text messages from carriers other than Telus will continue to go to the old carrier's service until porting is complete.  Since the Public Mobile service doesn't work at all, there is something else that is a factor other than number porting.

amy303

Are you porting a phone number? If so, it might take awhile and you won't have service until it finishes porting.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@bevjw15 wrote:

I just activated the SIM and account today and haven't received any services. What is wrong as I am supposed to receive coverage where I am.

Try some of these: reboot phone, reset network settings, take sim card out and put back in, put on airplane mode then take off and reboot, put in lost/stolen mode in self service then take off and reboot.

Is your phone unlocked?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your self serve account and check the status ?  Try shutting down your phone and restart it.

Need Help? Let's chat.