robisu007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did that

robisu007

How should I do that, reset network? Sorry I don't remember that part:(

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@robisu007   Hawkesbury has good coverage from Bell (PM uses that). 

Check with PM to see what is happening, open ticket

Yeah so as long as your phones are in good condition your devices shouldn't be the issue as older models run fine with PM

@robisu007   Other than the suggestion I had above, you might want to try Reset Network to see if how it goes

robisu007

I have a 2020 Samsung s10, mom has a 2020 LG ?

robisu007

Wow,  you guys are so helpful. I live near Hawkesbury Ontario,  close to the river. MYbe that is part of the problem.  However,  I was with Bell and Telus for close to 20 years with no issues. Cell was provided by my employer.  Now I am retired and was trying to find more affordable cell...

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Keep us updated how the CSA resolves it because it is definitely concerning to say the least. If it works briefly before shutting off that would drive me mad. What kind of phone do you and your mom have?

@robisu007 wrote:

Hi, I tried rebooting many times. Works for a few minutes then off again. I seem to have 4G

@robisu007   Change your Preferred network to 3G ONLY/WCDMA ONLY and see if it helps

Also, try to reseat your sim (Power off, then remove the sim card for a minute before putting it back and power on)

And, which area do you have problem with?  do you notice you get better experience when you are in different part of the city?

robisu007

Hi, I tried rebooting many times. Works for a few minutes then off again. I seem to have 4G

@robisu007 

While waiting for support can you see if your preferred network is set to 3G and rebooting to see if that helps?

robisu007

Yes I tried and same thing. My mom has public and has same problems with her cell/public.  This has happened before. I am waiting for response from support.  Thanks everyone for your help!

robisu007

Thanks. Not a problem with auto pay 🙂

robisu007

Hi,

Data is always ok. Auto renewal is fine and no problems with Telua. This happens alot recently. My mom loves closeby and has the same problems with public. She is elderly and thus worried me. I often have to go to her house to make sure she is ok because her cell and mine do not work.

@robisu007 

Can you try your SIM card in another unlocked phone to see if it is a phone problem vs account/sim?

robisu007

Hi, thanks for the help. I did all that. After rebooting I will have servie for a few minutes and then non service and no way of knowing I am not getting my calls or texts until I try to call.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@robisu007 

Are all 3, calling, texting and data not working?

If your account is showing that your account is Active.

There might be an Telus outage in your area. Check the map for outages:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@robisu007 

If you have no services, and it is past your renewal, maybe your autopay failed? 

If when you call 611 or log into self serve and it says "Suspended status" add funds, manually, to your owing amount or more, through SELF SERVE (or by calling 611 if you have a card registered), then select to reactivate/resume services if it does not automatically do so.

If your plan still does not reactivate / resume and it shows $0 owing, try adding a $1 top-up payment. 

Or try

1. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  2. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  3. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  4. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  5. Log off your account. Log back in. Reboot your phone.

If this was an Autopay failure, I would let the Customer Support Agents (CSA) know.

Methods to contact the Customer Support Agents (CSA): https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@robisu007 

Log into self service and see what your account status is? Is it Active? If yes try rebooting, resetting network settings or reinstalling SIM card.

Need Help? Let's chat.